Could it be Retaliation for FOS Case Raised

A short while back we opened an FOS case against PayPal for 21-day withholding of our funds.

They instantly released the funds after that.

We have two auction IDs selling the same kind of items. We make use of the 40x free listings each month for this.

Since we raised this FOS case the selling ID which was the subject of the hold has not had a single sale and very few watchers.

The other aucton ID is still making the occasional sale as per usual. No changes.

It kinda looks like the account has been restricted deliberately in retaliation for raising the FOS case.

The items never come up the serach results list as they near the end of the auction as they once did.

Just wondered if anyone else has noticed anything similar on their selling account after opening a case?

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Could it be Retaliation for FOS Case Raised

@asporty wrote:

@thebowlerhat2012 wrote:

Dumbest thing I've read on these forums. And I've read some pretty stupid responses....

Another ebay employee revealed. Surprising how dumb (and stupid) these people are when pushed.

asporty, you got me. Woohoo, go eBay!!

Obviously, I work for the soul sucking, life draining, money hungry, fraud facilitating, buyer loving, immoral b******s that are eBay.

Like why wouldn't I, with all the gooey yummy incentives.

By the way, how do people stand to have a conversation with you in real life, if you are this dense on a public forum??

Woot eBay!

Message 31 of 35
Latest reply

@englishrosegardens wrote:

@egglesdtp wrote:

Dunno how you managed to find that page, as when I click on your link, it says This page may have moved or is no longer available.

However, on the page http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-multi.html, the ONLY reference to selling on more than one ID said

You are not allowed to have more than one listing of an identical item listed separately by the same seller under another eBay user ID.

Heck of a lot different to your original assertion.

Well, the page must have moved awfully fast because I was reading it this afternoon - and it took me ages to find it.

My friend saw the thread and just emailed to say they were quite sure it used to say that you weren't supposed to open new accounts to avoid listing fees by listing the same types of item on more than one account, and that it specifically said that you could have more than one account if you sold different types of items on each one.  I can remember we discussed this ad nauseum at the time because we didn't want to get kicked off for doing the wrong thing.  They probably changed it when they started giving us all the extra free listings all the time (not the standard allocation).

If someone is selling the same type of item on more than one ID, why else would they open the other account except to get more free listings, ie. to avoid paying listing fees?  So I stand by my original statement.  If someone is game they could always ring ebay and ask, but I can't see there being many takers for that.   Smiley Very Happy

I sell the same type of goods on a number of eBay IDs. Some stores, some non-stores. 

Stores primarily using buy-it-nows, non-stores using auctions with low start prices. 

I pay more final value fees on a non-store ID than I do on a store ID, so avoiding fees is not that clear cut.

I have no problem conversing with eBay reps on this matter.   I have had to on a number of occassions to get increased limits and have my accounts linked.

Message 32 of 35
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:
Can I create a second account?

Yes, you can. If youโ€™ve already registered, thereโ€™s no need to do it again. You might find it convenient to have a second account if you buy or sell a large number of items and want to organise them better, or if youโ€™re buying or selling a completely different kind of item and want to keep them separate.

Just make sure that:

• The two accounts are never used in the same listing.

• Both accounts have different user IDs and different email addresses.

Don't really get half of that.

The bolded lines aren't referring to policy, they're just a couple of examples of why someone might choose to have more than one account - eg say I had a store selling women's lingerie and wanted to start selling children's toys - the first one might lead to needing the second ๐Ÿ˜„ but I might also feel it is more appropriate to have two different stores.

BTW, you're allowed list duplicate items on the same (or different) ID as long as each listing meets a different need - look at any packaging store to see what I mean (eg 50 size 0 padded bags in one listing, 250 of the same size in another, separate listing). 

I think maybe they just didn't finish the sentence for that bit in red and they meant to clarify that you only need to register once to use eBay, not every time....or something. Smiley LOL 

Message 33 of 35
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

say I had a store selling women's lingerie and wanted to start selling children's toys - the first one might lead to needing the second ๐Ÿ˜„  ....

Cat LOLCat LOLCat LOLCat LOLCat LOL

Message 34 of 35
Latest reply

@thebowlerhat2012 wrote:

@asporty wrote:

I certainly think that what you are suggesting OP is possible. If you note here in the forums also, posters like @harley_babes_hoard are probably ebay plants who are there to mostly guide people in ebay issues and mellow down any ebay criticism that comes along. While harley clearly refuted ebay criticism this time, mostly these ebay planted posters will do so in a very subtle manner. Like saying something in a helpful sort of manner. kind of like a suggestion.

Dumbest thing I've read on these forums. And I've read some pretty stupid responses....

Just a handy tip on how to work out who the ebay employees are who are posting on the boards......have a look at the members who have given kudoes to thebowlerhat2012.

Message 35 of 35
Latest reply