Covid - long delays and people now opening disputes for refunds - with tracking

cremo1
Community Member

So I have sold many many items to USA since April 2nd - making sure the buyers understand in the ad before they actually bid there are massive delays due to limited flights to USA..

Strangely many sold in May have been delivered, some from as early as 8th April Aussis Post tracking says

Cleared and awaiting international departure

MELBOURNE VIC

Most buyers are understanding - most.. but 1 flog who I have given the tracking info to which shows it is on its way

This persons items tracking shows

Post Office - on the 27th April

8th May - Cleared and awaiting international departure

MELBOURNE VIC

I've sent the tracking number, and screen shots showing other parcels are delayed, inc their tracking numbers for him to check himself that I'm not scamming him even the bloke who I sent his item 8th April understands there are delays, but for some reason this ONE bloke doesnt.

He has now submitted a dispute for refund... This is a $500 item - If it was $5 I wouldnt worry

So everything I read says ebay will side with the buyers - wish I'd have read that first.. So he ends up with refund + the item.

What are my options? Bend over? Down a grand? Dont deal with Ebay again?

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Covid - long delays and people now opening disputes for refunds - with tracking

i currently had 27 opened  INR cases  for april/may  some have closed as the honest buyers have received their good but a a lot of impatient idots have been refunded  not only do you loose the goods and postge but now you loose pay pal fees on commision of transaction plus tax collected on behalf of ebay  ... i have stopped international post not  worth it

Message 21 of 22
Latest reply

Re: Covid - long delays and people now opening disputes for refunds - with tracking

If your item comes in before June 25th, 30 days after they closed the case, you should be able to appeal the case and get the funds back. Don't appeal until you get delivery confirmation. You'll lose the appeal. Good luck to all of us selling overseas during this time.

Message 22 of 22
Latest reply