Covid - long delays and people now opening disputes for refunds - with tracking

cremo1
Community Member

So I have sold many many items to USA since April 2nd - making sure the buyers understand in the ad before they actually bid there are massive delays due to limited flights to USA..

Strangely many sold in May have been delivered, some from as early as 8th April Aussis Post tracking says

Cleared and awaiting international departure

MELBOURNE VIC

Most buyers are understanding - most.. but 1 flog who I have given the tracking info to which shows it is on its way

This persons items tracking shows

Post Office - on the 27th April

8th May - Cleared and awaiting international departure

MELBOURNE VIC

I've sent the tracking number, and screen shots showing other parcels are delayed, inc their tracking numbers for him to check himself that I'm not scamming him even the bloke who I sent his item 8th April understands there are delays, but for some reason this ONE bloke doesnt.

He has now submitted a dispute for refund... This is a $500 item - If it was $5 I wouldnt worry

So everything I read says ebay will side with the buyers - wish I'd have read that first.. So he ends up with refund + the item.

What are my options? Bend over? Down a grand? Dont deal with Ebay again?

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

How did you send the item?  

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

Just average every day Aust Post International

LK9910214**AU

It's on its way
Most recent update

Cleared and awaiting international departure

MELBOURNE VIC

Date & time Fri 8 May • 11:03am

Item processed at facility

MELBOURNE VIC

Column, event date and time Tue 5 May • 10:32am

Received by Australia Post

MITCHAM VIC Mon 27 Apr • 9:56am

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

According to ebay seller protection

Item Not Received Claims

Your item not received count (INR) in Service Metrics, along with any related Negative or Neutral feedback will be removed automatically for transactions between 1 March to 30 June 2020. To be eligible for this protection, you must fulfil certain criteria:

• You must upload valid tracking before the delivery is scanned 
  • On transactions where both seller and buyer are in the same country, the item has to be delivered within 10 days of the Estimated Delivery Date 
  • On international transactions, the item must be delivered within 30 days of the Estimated Delivery Date.

May sure you update the dispute with tracking number and other details.

on your order details, what does it say is the estimated delivery date?

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

IM not worried about strikes etc, Im more concerned in being down $800-1000...

Buyer is in US

I'm in AU

He Won/Paid Sunday

I posted 9.56am Monday

Estimated delivery Thursday 7 May 2020 - Monday 18 May 2020 which is totally unrealistic from a payment date of 27th April.

Not being a regular seller I didnt realise that Ebay was all about the buyer, and fk the seller but I wont make that mistake again.
Reading threads and the hell honest people have to go through with Ebay I dont know why anyone sells here nor why Governments allow them to operate in their countries.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

So in the dispute - I put the tracking number which the buyer has had all along and date sent

not sure what else I can do

I've sent the buyer links to Aussie Post site regarding the delays and screen shots of otehr items I've send weeks before his that are delayed

Everything has been social and friendly with the buyer up till now..

But I cant understand why should the buyer end up with the item + the money ? People could make a living out  of it

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

We're lucky people don't do it a lot more, otherwise sellers could abandon eBay pretty quickly, though I doubt that would ever happen.

Did you take any photos showing lodgement of the item over the counter with the receipt or when the courier got it or something like that? Did you order the label online and did you save the PDF file?

I've so far had to pay only one refund during the crisis period. I didn't bother trying to talk to eBay because from what I understand their customer service team are stretched pretty thin at the moment and time is a factor in these things.

But for your much higher amount involved you should have documented more proof before sending it like the things I mentioned above.

I am considering video'ing myself putting my poster tubes into the mailbox each day as certain proof they got sent, along with the PDF files showing the ordered labels and photos of them all packed in each batch. Just until this period is over.
Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

The April items possibly got sorted to go via boat when flights were in short supply, while the ones from this month were flown over.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

I had an item sent in March to Finland.

The tracking indicates it is still in Australia.

I contacted post office with tracking number and now they say its in Germany.

Luckily I have a very patient buyer..

Now I have obtained another item for her and I am sending it to her registered post.

If the original item get to her she is sending it back at my expense as I suggested,

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Went to Post office again today with tracking number, I may as well have asked the Gum Tree in the front yard.... - is there a more pathetic backwards system than teh Aussie Post 1974 tracking system... its so backwards, pathetic and lacking in detail.

Video posting things?? I'd never bother sending anything. This is my first and last time selling more than 1 or 2 items on ebay,

I have Aussie Post tracking which shows it in action - why should I require more? Its not like its disappeared - its in their hands waiting for a plane or miracle -  surely they should be able to tell me something about it - not just 'we dont know'... ? How can you run a business like that?

Im more bugged that the buyer cant see even with evidence that its on its way - which I am starting to feel is a plan to get himself money and item - nothing else makes sense with it.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply