Credit Card Chargeback

Hi all,

Not sure on what happens here, situation is as follows

Ebay member purchases an item from our store, must have used a credit card through paypal to pay for item, either way PayPal set these funds as cleared.  This was back on the 28th Feb.  Item was sent with Aust Post e-parcel tracking with signature and delivered a couple of days later.  Buyer has never left any feedback (as is more often the case these days)

Fast forward to today, I get a message from PayPal stating that charge back has occurred due to the card holder claiming was an unauthorised transaction.  I have so far now sent proof of delivery by means of tracking number as well as a copy of the delivery screen with the persons signature on it.

I have also tried to call the number in the ebay sale only to be initially told that this person is not known, I advised who I am and asked if the address is correct, person told me is the correct address (so I know was delivered to this address) however when I then asked if they were aware of this issue with the transaction I was very sternly told where to go.

Where do I stand with this do you guys think.  I have as far as I can tell done everything by the book in so far as sending to the registered address, I have tracking and signature (of course there is no way I can state the signature belongs to anyone in particular as ID is never asked for)  Do you think I will be covered under the PayPal protection system here.

Is not a huge amount but it really irks me when a seller does everything by the book and can still run this risk.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Credit Card Chargeback

Super, if you can get the signed delivery docket from the carrier by email, then you do a screen shot. And from memory of the member, the3coopers and that thread, he stated that you are entitled to a copy of that. 

image host
Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

We had a guy buy a plant from us. Item was sent EXPRESS post. Buyer received the plant in three days. (Plants packed and sent will last a fortnight).  Buyer claimed, plant looks wilted and will not survive. (Did not send any photo of the plant by the way). We sent the buyer a return shipping label and asked the buyer to return the item back to us. Buyer purposely closed their Ebay case and opened a charge-back with their financial institution. Buyer won. We as sellers lost our payment, buyer kept our item and were charged a fee by Ebay for the case!  A clear case of a buyer scamming a seller. Ebay sellers get zero protection.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply