Customer has taken out non delivery case when tracking shows its delivered

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Have you uploaded the tracking to the dispute?

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

bryzen
Community Member

eBay live chat to resolve.

Your a long time member with an impeccable record.

The balls in your court.: )

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

@bryzen wrote:

eBay live chat to resolve.

Your a long time member with an impeccable record.

The balls in your court.: )

I must say, your response here is contradictory to your replies to feedback you receive! 
So, what now? Is eBay ok? Materialism, greed and the alike are off your hit list now? 
Capitalism is no longer 666? 
hmmmm ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”.   โ€ฆ. Interesting! 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

If the tracking shows delivered, you should upload it to the dispute, as already stated, and should advise the buyer to contact the courier that allegedly delivered the parcel and take it out with them. Was the parcel left in a safe place that was not so safe? Was it delivered to the wrong address? Have they got photos that show it was delivered (and where)?

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

I had a parcel that said left in a safe place. When I received the photo it unfortunately was left next door and was no longer there and the house was empty and across the road from a large shopping centre.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

I had a parcel that said left in a safe place. When I received the photo it unfortunately was left next door and was no longer there and the house was empty and across the road from a large shopping centre.

AFAIK (someone please correct me if you know otherwise) - the only time AP will cover for loss that occurs AFTER delivery is if they delivered it to the wrong address, so you should be covered in this situation (up to $100 anyway, if you didn't get extra cover).

I actually have a clause in my Postage FAQ that AP's insurance doesn't cover for loss AFTER the item is marked as delivered on tracking (because it doesn't, unless the photo shows delivery to the wrong address).

I have made a few discretionary refunds to buyers who have had items go missing when it has shown "delivered" (mostly repeats, because 1. I trust them, and 2. their repeat business was more valuable to me than the refund) but I did warn them that in future they'd need to pay for signature to be covered for it.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Personal experience here. A satchel was delivered "left in a safe place" - AP's photos showed it was left propped outside the front door, clearly visible from the street. AP agreed that it was NOT  a safe place and refunded value of item plus postage - under $100, it did not have extra cover. Was a few years ago, things may have changed. "Left in a safe place" was the key.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

I got a refund but was not easy as they wanted to only pay what I paid for the item not what I sold it for.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Ah, yes - the good ole "we only cover you for the cost price" clause in the Ts & Cs. Completely nonsensical, because if the buyer paid $50, then you need to refund the buyer $50 - not the cost price. Was it a high ticket item, by chance? I've actually never had them ask for proof of value but all of my claims have been under $100 to date.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply