Customers having issues paying for products

Is any one having a problem with customers being able to pay. After 5 chats with Ebay "help" and getting no where only to be told there is no problem, they finally said.... 

“we have been receiving few technical issues related to buyer's who have been trying to make purchases using PayPal account. Also if the buyer is trying to pay for the item via Credit card/ Debit card the payments go through the PayPal payment service portal. We have received similar concerns regarding this and in few cases the buyer's accounts are facing restrictions placed by PayPal and this is the reason they are not able to make purchase. In some other cases this might happen because of the low balance issue.”

I have had so many customer complain to me about not being able to pay on Ebay. How many potential customers have I lost. 😞 Getting any help from Ebay is pitiful. You just get palmed off. And in Australia there is no telephone number to call. It is all online chat.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Customers having issues paying for products

I am not aware of any problem, but just FYI - CS wouldn't know their ass from their elbow and give more wrong advice than right, steer clear of them.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Customers having issues paying for products

From what I can tell you're on managed payments, so none of what they told you seems remotely applicable. 

I think it's an Adyen problem - recently went through exactly the same thing on another site that they do the payment processing for, it took almost a week to resolve and no one on the site even acknowledged the problem.

It seemed to be related to currency, on that site anyway, because if you switched the site settings to USD, suddenly PayPal was usable again. eBay doesn't have currency settings per se, but it would be interesting to see if paying with PP was available if the buyer went through eBay US, just to see if it's the exact same kind of issue. 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply