DSR's - Sellers get 1/ 2 because AusPost takes too long to deliver ?? FAIR GO!

Is eBay even considering looking at / revising the system for Buyers who want to leave a 1 / 2 in DSR, or Neg FB ?

I post out the day after payment. Sometimes AP does great - like 1 - 3 day deleivey time. Other times, to the same destination 5+ days .....or more. eg over Xmas.  How is it  Fair or reflective on the Seller to get a 1 / 2 for postage time?  Surely, a Buyer should be required to show that they have communicated any concerns to the Seller before leaving a Neg or low DSR's.

Afterall, eBay has guidelines for Buyers as to how to detirmine a score - problem is what buyer reads them?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: DSR's - Sellers get 1/ 2 because AusPost takes too long to deliver ?? FAIR GO!

@ajarnjenny wrote:

Yeah, but some bases you just can't cover. I sold an item last Friday afternoon at about 4.45pm and received a pm on Monday morning at about 11.30 am, asking where it was, I didn't answer immediately because I was at the PO posting the thing.

When I did mark it as posted and answered the message, she replied back that I had ''1 day handling time' in my listing!

I know there will always be the odd, exceptional person who either doesn't get it or is just plain vindictive no matter what you do, but the whole point of the message is so that buyers don't need to wonder and/or message to ask. Especially when a sale comes through on a Friday evening and post won't be 'til Monday (or even Tuesday when it's a long weekend - there's one in SA this weekend, but I doubt most interstate buyers would know. I didn't even know until it came up at the PO today, LOL - Adelaide cup day).

So, I message as soon as I can after payment and say "I'm posting on X day", and provide the reason if there's a delay due to public holiday etc.  - I really love pre-emptive tactics, and use them wherever possible; it's one of the reasons I leave FB after payment. Smiley Very Happy

Of course, some people still send little messages before I can send mine - one of my pet peeves is the "message to seller" function at checkout used to tell me when to leave feedback and/or post the buyer's item, some of them are a bit rude and have inspired fantasies of deeply sarcastic replies Smiley Surprised (thankfully I've been able to hold my tongue so far, though).

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Re: DSR's - Sellers get 1/ 2 because AusPost takes too long to deliver ?? FAIR GO!

Luv it.

I sold an item one night, the customer paid for the item with express post, the following day i'm getting emails as to why they hadn't received there item.Smiley Happy

You really have to wonder about some people.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

On my main account (business, this is my personal one) I avg 4.9 stars for shipping. All my letters/parcels are sent via Aus Post. I think it really depends on the day it is sent. If posted on a friday.. they will generally get it early to mid week. If on a monday - lot of places by friday.

One way to help with your score perhaps is to ship it *today* but only mark it as posted the following day - may help.

Also are posting over the counter or via red post box? Mail is picked up from one of my po's at around 2 - 3pm - maybe that makes a difference as RED BOX's are done generally after 6pm - not sure if that effects things or not.

Sometimes peiople do forget that there are weekends and public holidays (in different states) which can effect mail flow.

Also over the next few months and over the year Australia Post will be delaying general mail up to 1 day  , so what once took 2 days, will take 3 days (example)... wonder how that will affect my ratings and feedback.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

There are people who should just NOT buy online. They need the instant gratification or "fix" from purchasing something and just have to have it NOW. These people belong in B&M stores. 🙂

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

We have seen the notices on the side of the street red boxes change from 6pm to 5pm just in this past month here on north side Brisbane.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

This situation was driving me crazy. So this is what I have done and now seems to work.

Asked at local Post Office when was the local pick up time.

Waited for the driver and being very polite asked what actually happened after he picked up. I discovered that any pick up after 2pm was held overnight at the local depot and then sent to the sorting office the next day. There are three pick ups for our post office a day.

No pick up Saturday and Post Box's cleared early Sunday afternoon.

When I asked about express post he became very uncomfortable with my questioning and would not commit.

I now ensure I post before 12.30 across the counter not the post box each day. ( Except Saturday.)

I also have increased my handling time to three days to combat eBay's incorrect posting guidelines.

I now receive positive feedback re shipping times.

Crazy I know but works for me.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

That's fab advice thanks.  I had a major problem dispatch a sale by sea freight to the UK in November. Ebay puts estimated delivery time as 4 weeks!!!!  What???? Over Xmas???? Hideous UK Customs clearance timing????  Even the AP website does not give an estimated delivery time for sea freight.  Consequently, I had to refund the buyer after his lodged a 'case' but the buyer then refunded me when it arrived in late January.  it's a joke.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply