Deduction - I’m the seller

I’ve recently sold an item for $72.

I got an email from eBay saying the funds would appear in my bank account and have been paid $59.56 - this seems like a large deduction and no explanation of fee breakdown. Any ideas please 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Some categories are charged a higher fee and clothes may be one of them. There should be an option in your ebay to view the fees that had been charged on the sale.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Seems about right 13.4% + 30c.

Freely avaliable, as twyngyn has provided, in the bit about selling fees you agreed to when you opened your account. And also said you had read.

YOU ticked the box...

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks guys. 
I’ve held an eBay account since 2008 and have never been charged this amount for one item. I understand the payment has changed but didn’t think the “shop” part was applicable as I’m a casual seller, nothing professional or anything like that so I guess I misunderstood that part. 

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Some categories are charged a higher fee and clothes may be one of them. There should be an option in your ebay to view the fees that had been charged on the sale.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

@kara.l.stevo

The percentages /fees payable haven’t changed for years. It may look more to you because with the relatively new (two years old) Managed Payments system all of the fees are bundled together and deducted from your transaction’s payout. Also, perspective will often change when you see what you RECEIVE IN TOTAL as opposed to what you receive gross, with the fees paid separately on a monthly basis.

You’ll be charged FVF on both item price and postage price. You’ll be charged the usual amount which PayPal used to take as a transaction fee. You’ll be no worse off but your perception might tell you that you are.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

@kara.l.stevo wrote:

Thanks guys. 
I’ve held an eBay account since 2008 and have never been charged this amount for one item. I understand the payment has changed but didn’t think the “shop” part was applicable as I’m a casual seller, nothing professional or anything like that so I guess I misunderstood that part. 

The link given for the fees was selling without a store, soooo misunderstanding that as well, it seems

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Oh interesting thank you.

as the seller, I pay for postage and went with pre paid satchels from Australia post so it shouldn’t affect the $ here 

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

@kara.l.stevo wrote:

Oh interesting thank you.

as the seller, I pay for postage and went with pre paid satchels from Australia post so it shouldn’t affect the $ here 

Buyer pays for postage, regardless of how you choose to post. If you choose to pay the postage, more fool you. If you offer free postage, then the postage cost should be incorporated into the purchase price. That way, the buyer pays it.

I hope if you chose to use a prepaid satchel, that you used a small one. Otherwise, you've ripped yourself off. 

Edit: I should have added that fees are charged on both the purchase price and the postage cost, so the fees you were charged are correct. Even if you had a postage charge in your ad, the fees would have been the same.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

bjlcr
Community Member

Fees have gone up a lot in the last year or so..I am being charged almost double  on sold items now.From 12 months ago.Fees have definatly changed for me,

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply