Do you think Ebay dead now with sales

My sales has drop because all the changes on ebay from 2 to 4 lot  a day on a min of 100 lots a month

down too 40 to 50 max a month .

I have noticed that a large company comes along and they put there product on the front page straight away

and i was selling more because they was not selling online they come back and they go stright to the front

So all Ebay helps is large companies than the smaller ones

Plus the large companies have very large prices on postage for there product and they get away with it

So is there some other company in Australia can open up a website so  people can sell there product on there with out all this bull **bleep** that we have to go though with ebay high prices and changes all the time they are kill small business and small sellers  

Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Do you think Ebay dead now with sales

@blue_banana_club wrote:
Looks like we've got some new eBay stooges here these days? I knew the3coopers & digital_ghost where on the pay roll but it sure helps to identify the newbies by trawling some bait. Enjoy!

The boards are run by Lithium and eBay do not participate on them in any way,(there is no money in it for them).

There are no "stooges",(they only exist in the mind of posters that have no idea on how the boards work/run).

DG and others are eBay members only and they have worked out how to make eBay work for them,they have the knowledge 

on how to do that and freely pass on that info to others.

As you mentioned Coops you should know that.

You don't like the answers as they don't support your line of thought so you accuse them of being stooges?

You'll need to use better bait, as you're not catching any.

Message 41 of 52
Latest reply

re the post mentioning Item $29 with $5.50 postage lowever in search than higher priced item with dearer post etc...

I called ebay CS one day with the same query and was told obvious BS from non knowledgable person that that seller must have just SOLD an item which automatically places them higher in the search.... I do believe this answer is accurate however when I recently enquired about my huge reduction in sales from coming back after a 2 week break... apparently I lost all my search rankings and had to literally start from scratch!!

I asked the BS ebay CS person why then should I offer Free post, same day or 1 day mailing, 30 day moneyback guarantee etc if it does not benefit me the seller in any way....... BS ebay CS person fluttered a bit and gave the most ridiculous response by actually insulting my intelligence and said and I quote "we can't force people to buy your products"... I coughed and held my breath before saying.... you sweetheart are missing my point entirely..........  there is no benefit at all in doing what ebay wants us to do which is to offer the criteria that will rank us sellers with which we receive a badge stating we are a preimum sellers.... woop de doo... a badge!

So after that very frustrating phone call, I commence to change every one of my listings to now include P&H charges.. I am in the throws of changing mailing time from same/one day to 3 days...

AND the next time I have to be away for medical reasons or a holiday I am going to place ALL my listing on mailing within 14 days... I realise I will not make sales BUT at least I won't have to start from scratch..  I received valuable advice from jensmanchester who knows just about everything to do with ebay....  LIVE & LEARN...

Just as well I am scaling down my listings... I used to have over 600 down to 173 at the moment... My goal is to have just about 10, those being the main things that sell often...

I too am over ebay but simply continue to keep my brain active... although the side effects are that even though the brain is active it hurts like hell!!

Sorry for my looooooooooong reply.... but I now get excited about once every 3 - 4 days when I manage to make a sale... in the past I used to sell an average of 5 a day..  Obviously I am a small seller but I won't leave (not yet any way)... I believe there is still a place for us the small seller .....being a little fish in a very big pond still allows us to get some of the morsels...

I wish all sellers lots of sales and great feedback..

Cheers♥

Message 42 of 52
Latest reply

I wish all sellers lots of sales and great feedback..

Cheers♥

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh beauty, you are such a kind and caring seller, I wish you only the very best in everything, especially your health.

To have needed time away for medical reasons and then come back and have to basically start from scratch is heartbreaking and seems totally unfair.

I am really glad to hear jens was able to give you some great advice.

I struggle constantly trying to work out what one needs to do to achieve the best search results.  Seems I've no sooner got it right & everything changes and the sales come to a grinding halt yet again.  In a recent conversation I had with one of those BS CS reps, I was told, the reason that happens is because the requirements change roughly every 3 months.  Is it any wonder our brains hurt like hell (as you said) and we waste so much time trying to tweak things  !!!  I've actually pretty much given up even trying anymore, sick of doing my head in and wasting so much energy Smiley Surprised

And I agree absolutely  :-

I now get excited about once every 3 - 4 days when I manage to make a sale... in the past I used to sell an average of 5 a day..  (in my case 3 or 4 per day, and 7 or 8 on weekends) Obviously I am a small seller but I won't leave (not yet any way)... I believe there is still a place for us the small seller .....being a little fish in a very big pond still allows us to get some of the morsels...

Message 43 of 52
Latest reply

I've had a VERY busy weekend. Hopefully others can have a busy time again soon too. I'm not worried if sales are slow because eBay is just pocket money for me (I have a regular job), but I do really feel for those where this is their only income. I don't know how they manage to pay the bills sometimes and for a lot, the situation seems to be getting worse.

Message 44 of 52
Latest reply

Well I think ebay changed from nice place to buy some good items for good prices into online store in generall ,and a lot of China/honkong selleres aelling a lot of **bleep** ,but cheap.

I think if yopu want to buy good otem and reasonable prices , you have to go to online shops through their websites as price will be 10% cheaper due to ebay fees including fees from postage cost ...how it is even legal , when you pay GST in postage cost and ebay charge you 8.8% from already TAXED GST ??

Message 45 of 52
Latest reply

I not only think ebay is dead in australia I think that Australia never embraced the internet. There are no real Australian web sites they are just sales brochures without the price. Ebay was the only genuine thing we had but now it has been white anted by somebody so that all we see is british and us sellers.

Message 46 of 52
Latest reply

It's still breathing since this thread was started, which was over 2 years ago.

It would depend on what you're looking at. Books tend to show UK/US sellers as well as Australian ones, but the GSP tends to weed the US ones out. Most people complain about cheap Chinese junk.

Message 47 of 52
Latest reply

It's actually 4 years since this thread started. Not like you to miss that!

Message 48 of 52
Latest reply

I only scrolled halfway down.

But that reinforces the point that announcements of eBay's death seem to be premature.

Message 49 of 52
Latest reply

How are people feeling about Ebay in 2020?

Message 50 of 52
Latest reply