Don't use Sendle!! Horrible service and EBay no help despite promoting them!!

So EBAY just 'charged' me a refund of $884 they gave to a buyer, despite telling me (transcripted and all) I wont be affected after he claimed not receiving a parcel even if they refund him - originally the rep said it doesn't need a signature. Then, suddenly got messages with threats from ebay that I WILL be charged if I don't supply evidence or signature ASAP. Now - I DID buy a sendle 'signature on delivery' label through ebay - but ebay who is so integrated with them won't cooperate with them directly, kept asking me for a 'proof of delivery' that they can't provide - because Sendle are so bad! So they took money they owe me from another sale, put me in 'overdraft' situation on their system - AND for some reason charged me $425 from my CC without any context, despite not buying anything! So now I had to block my CC! I never had issues with ebay selling or buying in over 15 years , this is just outragious.

Now.. about Sendle .. where to begin?.. you can only get them on chat or email - NO PHONE NUMBER. Trying on chat is basically useless - you wait 2-3 hours for them to answer! I only found out about them and used them because eBay promote them and you can use the ebay systems to create postage labels. they also have promotions of free labels or highly discounted labels to make them more attractive. You buy and print those DIRECTLY from eBay.

Sendle started an 'investigation' about missing parcel - saying the buyer initiated it - a week and a half ago - and claimed that despite me paying for a signature on delivery service - their driver have their 'discretion' whether or not to take signatures and due to COVID they might not want contact etc - Sendle - this is December 2022!! this excuse is OVER! And I bought a service with certain requirements I expect you to adhere to - anyway 10 days after they started their investigation - ebay didn't 'wait' despite me supplying evidence that this investigation is happening - and just 'closed the case' - AND refunded the buyer at my expense! of course, after 7pm queensland time there's no one to talk to - just the biggest e commerce company in the world after all but they can't have 24 hours support.

As for Sendle - As I write this I still wait at 10:25pm for a sendle rep to talk to me on chat, that I started at 8:30PM.

Btw - despite their tight integration with ebay - twice now ebay reps had the audacity to tell me Sendle is 'not in partnership with ebay' - sticking to legal semantics when in English that's exactly what they are - they cooperate with each other and integrate certain services and ebay actively promote them and sell their shipping product to me directly through their system - hence they are in a business partnership! but when the **bleep** hits the fan - I am left to coordinate with them instead of them talking directly with eachother and get victimised by both - when I'm the one who pay dearly to ebay (they take a huge fee out of my sales) and sendle and now left to fend for myself. 

DON'T USE THEM!! Only use Auspost with full insurance. And the most important thing - NEVER USE EBAY TO SELL ANYTHING! Thank god we now have Amazon with Prime in Australia and most things I get a day after I order them which is also great.

This is going to ACCC and QCAT.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Don't use Sendle!! Horrible service and EBay no help despite promoting them!!

Yes, the dimensions were well within the limits. Besides the label they claim I used was for only 250gm. But I took a screengrab first to prove that I had selected 25kg.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Re: Don't use Sendle!! Horrible service and EBay no help despite promoting them!!

Did you not wonder why the label you created was far cheaper than it should have been? Or did you decide to pocket the windfall gain from the perceived eBay error?

Which didn't end up happening.

You presumably charged your buyer for postage at 25kg, so you haven't actually lost anything.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

Seems to be a lot of "dont use Sendle" threads. Personally i havnt had any more issues with them, than i have with Aus Post. 

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

@philb9053 wrote:

Seems to be a lot of "dont use Sendle" threads. Personally i havnt had any more issues with them, than i have with Aus Post. 

You are one of the lucky ones, I've had problems every time with then both in Perth and in the country area I now live in, yet I very rarely have any problems with AP.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

One of the very lucky and very rare few indeed

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

@philb9053 wrote:

Sadly it's easier for people to pile on,  sendle actually have a better rating then Australia Post.  But hey lets forget the facts (1.7 Auspost, 3.7 sendle)

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

Sugar, it depends which reviews you look at.  The "pub test" here shows a striking difference to your figures.

Just sayin'..................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

vensan79
Community Member

Had problem with them too. There was a delay in receiving the package when they promised delivery and it was hard to contact them too.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply