EBAY HACKED- has this affected your Sales?

The recent hacking of ebay's site - has this affected anyone's Sales already?

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: EBAY HACKED- has this affected your Sales?

bad news is good news when you're talking marketing terms.

ie: how many news media sources put ebay into their bulletins for free?

Anybody who has an account would have more than likely logged into ebay to change their password.

People who haven't been to ebay for a while may look around at what's available.

A certain % of those lookers would have seen something they liked and made a purchase.

So it should all be good.

Message 11 of 31
Latest reply

Since the 20th I've been getting lower sales than usual, though my competitors have acheived TRS yet I didn't get it so they had better rank position and thus their sales increased. With my improvement and being projected to be TRS on the next evaluation date (Also I am below standard in US this month but next month should be Above average again according to projected performance), hopefully my sales will pick back up again.

So if my sales are related to the hacking, I really can't tell because my competitors items are out selling me and their items are priced much higher than mine as well, so I have no clue why I am sucking while my rivals aint.

Message 12 of 31
Latest reply

Something has affected my sales. As of 3 weeks ago, absolutely nothing. What could it be ?

Message 13 of 31
Latest reply

ay for some reason is always our slowest month of the year so it is hard to gauge. We are moving along well in the past few days though.

Message 14 of 31
Latest reply

im glad someone mentioned slow sales as i wanted to ask someone/anyone if this was a bad month/ time of year to sell. IS IT? im just selling my own stuff, im not a store or business but as i am no longer employed (age & gender related), the $$ i make on ebay is the dif between coping and not coping. or am i simply just a lousy lister with stuff no-one but me likes LOL :):):)

Message 15 of 31
Latest reply

a lot of sellers have reported a downturn - and most attribute it to the hacking - just have to ride it out

Message 16 of 31
Latest reply

OMG

That must be the reason...

We haven't sold ANYTHING since Monday; literally, 0 sale.

Normally there should be at least 1-2 orders per day.

Message 17 of 31
Latest reply

This week has been my worst ever in 5 years of selling on Ebay.

My week this week on this ID is down to about 10% of my usual sales.
What are Ebay going to do about compensating for this, raise the fees to cover their losses?

Message 18 of 31
Latest reply

I have had no sales for 10 days or so, this has never happened before so yes I have been affected a good May until then

Message 19 of 31
Latest reply

Same for me I can find all my listings, 100% feedback but 10 days no sales after a good 20 days

Message 20 of 31
Latest reply