EBAY NEADS TO REVISE THERE FEEDBACK REGULATIONS SELLARS FORM A LARGE PART OF EBAY

Why is it ok for buyers to make you wait for payments , refuse to get back to you or refuse to answer emails be nasty about things THAY CAN DO IT A HUNDRED TIMES & GET AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE WITHOUT NAGATIVE FEEDBACK US SELLARS DONT KNOW WHAT THERE LIKE

and still sellars cannot leave negative feedback ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  

EBAYS EXCUSE

While sellers can leave a positive Feedback rating and a comment for buyers, they can t leave negative or neutral Feedback.... Negative Feedback discourages buyers from future transactions and can lead to lower sales

Seems to me that ebay only worries about there commision ,

YOU SAY IT DISCOURAGES BUYERS from making future transactions

WELL  it discourages sellars from selling on ebay because we are getting sick of idiot buyers stuffing us around and costing us money LET US LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK SO OTHER BUYERS KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT AND BLOCK THESE BIDDERS

I know myself & a lot of others are turning to local papers & notice board to sell our goods

I DONT KNOW WHY I BOTHER  BECAUSE EBAY IS GETTING WELL KNOW FOR IGNORING PROBLEMS AS LONG AS THERE COMMISION IS COMING IN

DONT TAKE IT VOICE YOUR OPINION IF WE STAND TOGETHER MAYBE JUST MAYBE THINGS WILL CHANGE & FOR ALL YOU EBAYERS OUT THERE READING THIS THAT HAVE DONE THE WRONG THING BY SELLARS """KARMA"""

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: EBAY NEADS TO REVISE THERE FEEDBACK REGULATIONS SELLARS FORM A LARGE PART OF EBAY

I know where your coming from
Message 31 of 37
Latest reply

Re: EBAY NEADS TO REVISE THERE FEEDBACK REGULATIONS SELLARS FORM A LARGE PART OF EBAY

rkwm888 Kudos to you for spelling "Their" right....lol  Smiley Very Happy

Message 32 of 37
Latest reply

@spire-view wrote:
if a buyer has a lot of negatives for buying faults it gives us sellars a chance to block there bids so we are another one of there conquers

Two strikes for NON payment does the exact same thing - that's 2, only 2, so use the tools eBay have given you, issue strikes and set your blanket blocks.

It may not be the best system, it may not please everyone, but it is what we have, and it will (does) work if (when) we use it.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 33 of 37
Latest reply

@peppers-tree wrote:

@rkwm888 Kudos to you for spelling "Their" right....lol  Smiley Very Happy

lol rkwm888 - and thank you Peppers for pointing that out ...

Cat LOL

Message 34 of 37
Latest reply

As a recent seller with only six sales so far I'd really like to see the opportunity for sellers to leave REAL feedback about their customers.

Helps us identify the non payers, late payers, serial complainers and complete raving lunatics out there and take whatever action we deem appropriate based on that persons documented history.

May suit some sellers who prefer to know a little about who they're dealing with.

Also, on the subject of complete raving lunatics, I'd like the opportunity to warn other sellers about them from a safety perspective particulary if there are potential issues with agreeing to local pick-ups.  It's this very reason I stopped selling on Gumtree as the safety of my home and family are paramount.

Message 35 of 37
Latest reply

You can wish all you like, but eBay aren't likely to change things.

Negatives for buyers would ONLY work if the buyer bids on an auction early enough for you to vet them. Smart buyers bid late, or buy BIN.

As BIN covers a majority of sales here, buyer negatives are of no use to most sellers. Strikes, however, are.

A late payer is a payer, why should they get negged? I am sure your own feedback would plummet if you were allowed to neg buyers, considering your apparent attitude to buyers.

Message 36 of 37
Latest reply

Sellers used to use feedback vindictively, that is a fact. If a buyer gave a neg, then some sellers did the same back, saying "well, you were obviously not happy with the sale so it was a negative experience." It didn't happen to me but I saw it written in quite a bit of feedback where buyers did not deserve a negative and quetioned why they got it.

So forget the idea of sellers having anything to do with issuing negs with a comment, it is a bad idea.

The other thing that sellers do that is pretty stupid is give positive feedback, a nice green dot, to bad buyers. Then add a little negative comment. That might be all well and good (as long as ebay doesn't find out) but all it does is give a bad buyer a higher score and make them look good at first glance (especially if they turn into a seller).

If someone doesn't pay, I think all the seller should do is put in a non paying bidder dispute so the buyer gets a strike against their name.

A person with a set number of strikes in a certain period should be automatically banned from bidding on anything for a set period (eg a month) and the message and explanation should come up on screen if they try to bid, so they know exactly what is happening and why. I don't expect ebay will do that though as it would hurt their profits.

I also think it would be fair enough for non paying bidder strikes that have been upheld by ebay to show against a bidder's name. Not sure how but maybe just in red, something like UID 4 or whatever. Not emotional comments in feedback, just a clear score.

The days of feedback meaning anything are probably numbered on ebay anyway.

Message 37 of 37
Latest reply