EBAY NEW RULES "MANAGED PAYMENTS" Too Complicated?? I'm Out

I just received an email telling me of the new managed payment rules; Tiers with different fees, Direct payments to bank accounts etc.

It's too confusing, so I may still purchase on Ebay; but, I will no longer sell.

Good luck every one, and stay safe.

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: EBAY NEW RULES "MANAGED PAYMENTS" Too Complicated?? I'm Out

@shoppingbag*  I wonder if anyone is happy with the new system, all I am hearing is one problem after another even after jumping through all the hoops to get set up.
I would rather just donate my unwanted items to charity.  

No one is stopping you donating your items to charity. Be aware though, around 85% of donated stuff ends up as landfill. Therefore, your treasures may not end up in the shop to be enjoyed by someone else. 

I am one that is happy with the new system. All ebay wanted was bank account details. I wasn't required to give them photo ID, a licence, or passport. My payments have usually cleared within 24 hours.

If you get a dud buyer that doesn't pay, you don't need to wait 4 days to open a dispute, then wait another 4 days before you close it. You can cancel it at any time. As a non payer, they still get a strike on their account when you close the dispute. 

Message 21 of 41
Latest reply

@*sons_and_daughters* wrote:

@shoppingbag*  I wonder if anyone is happy with the new system, all I am hearing is one problem after another even after jumping through all the hoops to get set up.
I would rather just donate my unwanted items to charity.  

No one is stopping you donating your items to charity. Be aware though, around 85% of donated stuff ends up as landfill. Therefore, your treasures may not end up in the shop to be enjoyed by someone else. 

I am one that is happy with the new system. All ebay wanted was bank account details. I wasn't required to give them photo ID, a licence, or passport. My payments have usually cleared within 24 hours.

I am just wondering if you signed up quite a while ago, as what I am hearing is that the demands are getting worse and worse as time goes on. It seems it was easier in the beginning. It is a pity that others have not had an easy experience like you. Many have said that your bank account and eBay account name must match exactly, but my bank uses initials and surname, which I asked them if it could be changed, but they will not, claiming it is a security measure.  Bank account details should be sufficient, as we all know that you have to show id to open a bank account (or it was in the past) Obviously things have changed, since someone has managed to open a bank account using my address.

Message 22 of 41
Latest reply

What most do not seem to understand, is that you do not have to use the  micro deposit system to verify your bank account.   Allthough  micro deposit account verification now seems to be ebays preferred method, most likely the quickest and most efficient method (also used by PP), it can simply be bypassed and the  account verified by alternative means.

Just to add, when ebay use the micro deposit account verification, a code is sent with the deposit which auto reverses the deposit once the account is verified.

Message 23 of 41
Latest reply

eBay fund's management is created to take out complications for buyer's and sellers,   alike offering customization protection,  payment system's PAY as you go individual requirements no expensive monthly fee shock,  taking out financial complacentions.

Message 24 of 41
Latest reply

eBay fund's management  offering buyer's and Sellers alike, user protection taking out opt out offinancial complacentions , 

Message 25 of 41
Latest reply

@numismatics-australia wrote:

eBay fund's management  offering buyer's and Sellers alike, user protection taking out opt out offinancial complacentions , 

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.

Message 26 of 41
Latest reply

Care to rephrase that in English?

Message 27 of 41
Latest reply

What's a complacention? Something to do with The Umbilical Brothers?

Message 28 of 41
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

@numismatics-australia wrote:

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.

When you put the two together - it's knuts ??

offinancial complacentions , 

Message 29 of 41
Latest reply

I do like the new managed payments. Much better than Paypal anyway - same time frame but no more silly Paypal disputes 5-6 months after purchase

I get all my money in 24h or less, never missed a beat

And for other sellers that complain about the eBay managed payments you can compare with :

Amazon - much higher fees, you get the money in 3-4 weeks or even longer

Catch - higher fees, payments in 2 weeks

Kogan - similar fees - payments 2-3 weeks

MyDeal - similar fees, payments in 3-4 weeks

So, if you compare eBay with other marketplaces, is the best, by far.

Of course small and seasonal  sellers might not like it, but eBay is now, more for businesses and not for hobby sellers. That's why they bought Gumtree, to move there all hobby sellers and second hand items and leave eBay for professional sellers.

Message 30 of 41
Latest reply