EBAY PLUS

My question as a seller is that I currently have my postage separate.

I do not included postage in the cost of the item.

If a buyer who has an ebay plus subscription gets free postage who pays for the postage cost to the seller.

Does ebay pay the postage cost to the seller and if so how do they pay it.

i.e. If ebay covers the difference on postage cost for the seller does the seller get the money at time of sale or is it taken off their fees.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

EBAY PLUS

From what I can gather ebay are only putting the ebay plus tag on items that already offer free postage.

If the buyer is already getting free postage on items without subscribing to the ebay plus program how are they actually benefiting other than getting fly buy points and free returns.

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

We have listings with a postage charge but I note EBay have also tagged the item with "Free postage and returns with EBay Plus "

Will be interesting to see what happens when one of such items sells.

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

There do not seem to be many buyers rushing to join up though.

I am buying less and less on ebay and certainly would not want to join up just in case I stop buying altogether

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

As an eBay Plus member, you'll also receive exclusive buying offers from time to time, such as special deals, promotions and discount vouchers.

eBay Plus members also receive exclusive selling offers, such as free listing and final value fee discount offers.

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

It only applies to non store sellers lol.

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

I would be more concerned with who pays the return postage if they change their mind as per Ebay Plus conditions.

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

@porcelain_dolls_by_me wrote:

We have listings with a postage charge but I note EBay have also tagged the item with "Free postage and returns with EBay Plus "

Will be interesting to see what happens when one of such items sells.

I'm only guessing of course (because some ebay decisions defy logic) but you'd think surely if ebay add this tag without asking the seller first, then that is their decision & their responsibility to cough up for the postage component.

I presume the seller would still have to pay fees on the whole transaction-item plus postage costs-but ebay would have to deposit the postage cost itself into the seller's account or give them a credit for it?

As someone else said though,  returns are the thing, although i imagine ebay will initially cough up for those too. But not, of course, if a buyer claims something is wrong with the item. Only for change of mind returns.

For me, the most interesting thing will be if some of the 'bad' buyers opt into the system. You know the sort of buyers I mean, the ones who habitually give bad feedback or get refunds from sellers.

If the ebayplus tag goes on clothes items, i can see some buyers getting items, wearing them a time or two, returning them because it's no hassles.

I wonder if ebay will put up with habitual claims if they & not the sellers are the ones paying out all the time.

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

New buyer did not return   item  and file a  dispute with credit  card  company  and won  in her  favor.  

This was a  chargeback  from  Paypal that I  lost  and plus  the  item  that a double  thats  $270.00  I lost or the  buyer  stoled  from  me..

Ebay  closed  this  issue  and Paypal  also.

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

How is this applicable to eBay Plus?

Besides, you didn't lose the item and the money, you lost the item and some fees.

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply