EBAY PLUS

My question as a seller is that I currently have my postage separate.

I do not included postage in the cost of the item.

If a buyer who has an ebay plus subscription gets free postage who pays for the postage cost to the seller.

Does ebay pay the postage cost to the seller and if so how do they pay it.

i.e. If ebay covers the difference on postage cost for the seller does the seller get the money at time of sale or is it taken off their fees.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

EBAY PLUS

Also windpipers is in the good ol' USA   downunder wave.gif  

I was going to offer advice, but it's not applicable. 

These are the Australian boards, windpipers.

Message 11 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

Davewil, that is completely logical... and if sellers were thinking with pure intellect rather than intellect and emotion, it would be realised more readily. Yet even when it's explained, it is hard for a seller in that position (sold item, buyer makes claim - probably false - and eBay forces a refund) to feel that they've only lost the item and the applicable fees.

I suppose it's because once one gets money into one's hands, the inner "mine, mine!" kicks in, so when that money is taken away, there is a cruel sense of loss. girl_cray2-aiwan.gif

Message 12 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

They lost the item and some fees AND POSTAGE.  Oh, and some time.

Message 13 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

Yes, apologies! I should have mentioned postage.

I also don't minimise the loss of time and the expenditure of frustration, but it's hard to put a quantifiable value on that.

Message 14 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

I had a $399 credit card chargback. They said it was an unauthorised charge.  I dealt with paypal directly, and did not rely on the online process alone.  I called them three times and emailed them proof of receipt from Australia Post, then called them up to find the email and attach it to the file. I got the hold removed. I have found, that if you call them you are more llikely to have the results in your favour.  As a seller, you also have paypal protection.

Message 15 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

I had a buyer just last week very cross that I charged her postage and demanded the postage to be refunded to her. It took me a while to realise she had an eBay plus account and the badge was shown on my listing free postage (I didn’t offer free postage) but when she went to pay she was charged postage .... not sure if she didn’t do something at checkout that she was meant to do but I did not refund postage otherwise I would have had to cancel the whole order she was not very pleased as she thought I lied to her about free shipping ...... Ebay better sort this mess out pretty quickly or it’s going to make a lot of people cross
Message 16 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

I am  not an Ebay Plus Member and will never be. The only benficiary of Ebay Plus is the subscription that Ebay get every year for nothing.

I find I am buying and selling less and less these days, a site that used to be a bit of fun has turned bad with no customer service.

I posted a pair of new without label shoes and they did not show up in the search list. I contacted Ebay twice about this and they said there were showing on their list Hmm!  

I wonder if it is because I am not a Plus Member.

Message 17 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

As a seller you have no say in the matter.  The Plus is added to your listings by ebay if they decide the listing qualifies.

Only the buyer can decide if they want to be a member and pay for the privilege.

Message 18 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

I've had the same problem, I charge postage but have qualified to be an ebay plus member.  So some of my sales from those listing don't include the postage cost which I have to cough up so there goes my profit. I've contacted them twice and been assured that ebay will refund my postage but one month later still no refund. Had anyone received a refund from ebay in this situation?

Message 19 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

It is my understanding that the seller does not lose money if the buyer uses ebay plus -  if you item is offered as free postage in the first place, it makes no difference to the amount you receive

Someone else may know more.

Also, ebay only should put ebay plus on items that have free postage and 30 days returns.    So I never offer free postage or returns Smiley Happy

eBay Plus Criteria*

As a seller:

• Above Standard or eBay Top Rated
  • Compliant with our selling policies

For your listings:

• Item location and return address in Australia
  • Fixed-price format
  • Item isn’t heavy or bulky

Postage and returns:

• Free domestic postage**
  • No additional postage charge for multiple items
  • Accept 30-day+ returns