EBAY PLUS

My question as a seller is that I currently have my postage separate.

I do not included postage in the cost of the item.

If a buyer who has an ebay plus subscription gets free postage who pays for the postage cost to the seller.

Does ebay pay the postage cost to the seller and if so how do they pay it.

i.e. If ebay covers the difference on postage cost for the seller does the seller get the money at time of sale or is it taken off their fees.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

EBAY PLUS

I am not in ebay plus so I am absolutely no expert, but part of what you wrote doesn't make sense to me as a consumer. (I am not saying you are wrong, just that it seems odd.)

From all the advertising about ebay plus, I gathered the main advantages of it were that it offered free postage on a range of items (though not everything) and also, if you didn't like what you bought, there were free returns, no questions asked (on those items).

I have also read some people say they have saved some money on postage by being in ebayplus.

The part I found a bit hard to understand in your post was the bit about ebayplus only being available on items that have free postage.

What would be the advantage to an ebayplus member in that? they would be no better off than someone like myself.

I can understand that once ebayplus is put on an item, postage has to be free to ebayplus members, but I would have thought the original postage should show for all other buyers. After all, that should be the carrot that is tempting us to join ebayplus!

I feel a bit sorry for keepantsoff. I would hope your postage charges are reimbursed by ebay at the end of the month, otherwise that is hardly fair.

Message 21 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

@springyzone wrote:

The part I found a bit hard to understand in your post was the bit about ebayplus only being available on items that have free postage.

What would be the advantage to an ebayplus member in that? they would be no better off than someone like myself.

I can understand that once ebayplus is put on an item, postage has to be free to ebayplus members, but I would have thought the original postage should show for all other buyers. After all, that should be the carrot that is tempting us to join ebayplus!

I know, I'm confused by that part too - but that was a direct quote from ebay's EBAY Plus for Sellers page.  

Message 22 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

I don't have free postage on any items of mine, yet some show up as Plus listings. I am not a Plus member.

What do the 2 asterixes next to the free postage mean in your cut and paste?

Message 23 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

I could not find that page but the page i found does not mention free postage being needed to have a plus listing.

Message 24 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

You can return items as a Plus member without having to go through the dispute process.

Message 25 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

How to Earn an eBay Plus Badge

Here’s what you need to do to for us to add an eBay Plus badge to your listings:

eBay Plus Criteria*

As a seller:

• Above Standard or eBay Top Rated
  • Compliant with our selling policies

For your listings:

• Item location and return address in Australia
  • Fixed-price format
  • Item isn’t heavy or bulky

Postage and returns:

• Free domestic postage**
  • No additional postage charge for multiple items
  • Accept 30-day+ returns

*eBay may exempt sellers from one or more of these criteria at eBay’s discretion.

**Free postage nationwide within Australia. You may exclude zones if your carrier doesn’t deliver there.

Listing Benefits

Trust and protection:

• eBay Plus badge
  • Additional seller protections

Promotion and search:

• Plus filter option in search
  • Support from us in exclusive promotions
  • Inclusion in eBay Plus buyer events

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/ebay-plus-and-retail-standards

Message 26 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

There is 2 different terms then, one for a seller to add the plus badge and one if ebay wants to add the plus badge themselves.

Message 27 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

@eol-products wrote:

You can return items as a Plus member without having to go through the dispute process.

Yes, I was aware they offer that. I think it would be useful for anyone who bought eg a lot of clothes or shoes on ebay. Always supposing they could find the items they wanted listed with ebay plus.

For me, I have weighed that up but for the things I buy, I generally want to keep them. I figure if there is an actual problem with them, I am still covered by item not as described.

And most of my purchases lately have been with free postage anyway.

So at the moment, I am not joining ebay plus but if things changed in the future, who knows! Maybe!

Message 28 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

I would not feel right returning items on a whim so like you do not see any benefit. Plus the weird part with free postage would make you search out items that have seperate postage so you get it cheaper but goes against ebay pushing sellers to offer free postage. 

Message 29 of 33
Latest reply

EBAY PLUS

Are all delivery options free with eBay Plus?

• eBay Plus offers free standard domestic postage on all eBay Plus items paid with PayPal or a credit/debit card.
  •  
  • If you choose an express delivery option or international postage, you'll have to pay for postage.

https://www.ebay.com.au/ebayplus/home

Message 30 of 33
Latest reply