EBAY'S NEW HEALTH CHECK - I think it is seriously SICK!!

Just received eBay's latest assistance to sellers *Ebay's NEW HEALTH CHECK* .

This may be old news but they are moving timed BUY IT NOW and will move all my listings to GOOD TIL CANCELLED. Well that is not what I want but then again we have no say. 

This does not suit me for many reasons with something new I like to use 10 days as an option. The rest are 30 day listings which gives me the option to adjust the listings if they are not attracting buyers or watches. I will sometimes group them with other items etc. 

I find the 30 day listings far more manageable for my business needs. 

So if all fixed listings are good til cancelled I dare say the next step will be for those with ebay stores will be reduced with the amount of fixed listings in their subscription. 

Good til cancelled also means there will be a hell of a lot of old stock on there for years or if I remember correctly they were bringing in limited time for listings.

I have had my vent but OH SO FRUSTRATING makes me wonder why I am doing this. 

Message 1 of 374
Latest reply
373 REPLIES 373

Re: EBAY'S NEW HEALTH CHECK - I think it is seriously SICK!!

Good til cancel currently has a 28 day duration, a seller (non store) is allowed 40 free listings every month.

Day 1 - 40 free listing are inserted, quota used for the month, tick the box relist upto 8 times and everything is fine.

Good til cancel comes in, no box to tick to relist eight times, day number 29 comes along, 40 listings have relisted automatically which means 40 insertion fees are due.

Can someone verify the logic in this?

Message 2 of 374
Latest reply

Absolutely agree! The choice is being taken from us again! I find customers are less likely to buy good til cancelled because they assume the item will be available for a long time. Also found short term listing like 10 days show up quick in the listed categories. Good til cancelled are usually way down, I like 30 days also, it easier to handle. I think I'll be considering cancelling the store and going back to auctions. BADLY DONE EBAY!

Message 3 of 374
Latest reply

Good 'til cancelled means a free listing is used every time they roll over, with no choice to re-list them during a promotion.

Especially on our non-store sites, we'll have to cut listings drastically as our items are generally low-priced and we'll come close to losing on every sale if we have to pay a listing fee each time the items roll over.

From our point of view, this is the worst change Ebay has made since we've been selling, and one that will affect us in a very negative way. We haven't liked some of the other changes, but they haven't had a huge affect on us.

Message 4 of 374
Latest reply

I'm pretty annoyed at this too.  I am guessing that Good Til Cancelled will mean newly listed fixed price items appear way back in searches.  Not good.  

Also can anyone say what happens when you list an item with both an auction start price and a fixed price?  Will this still allow the usual shorter term timeframes?  Hopefully we still get that option after 19th Feb

Seriously, Ebay need to consult with sellers before these backward steps are impemented

Message 5 of 374
Latest reply

@theredroseboutique* wrote:

Absolutely agree! The choice is being taken from us again! I find customers are less likely to buy good til cancelled because they assume the item will be available for a long time. Also found short term listing like 10 days show up quick in the listed categories. Good til cancelled are usually way down, I like 30 days also, it easier to handle. I think I'll be considering cancelling the store and going back to auctions. BADLY DONE EBAY!

GTC won't be way down if it's a level playing field and everyone is on GTC (except auctions).  It's probably because of people trying to work the system to get ahead of everyone else that they're doing it.

@ duck-dodgers, where do you get the idea that GTC listings only run for 28 days??? 

Message 6 of 374
Latest reply

Who needs to consult these backward steps with sellers when they can consult them with their CEO's and get them approved.

Message 7 of 374
Latest reply

It gets relisted as GTC on the 29th day for another 28 days etc etc etc

Message 8 of 374
Latest reply

When we choose GTC, the information says 30 days duration.
Message 9 of 374
Latest reply

It its been a while, even at 30 days what happens on 31 day months?

Message 10 of 374
Latest reply