EBAY'S NEW HEALTH CHECK - I think it is seriously SICK!!

Just received eBay's latest assistance to sellers *Ebay's NEW HEALTH CHECK* .

This may be old news but they are moving timed BUY IT NOW and will move all my listings to GOOD TIL CANCELLED. Well that is not what I want but then again we have no say. 

This does not suit me for many reasons with something new I like to use 10 days as an option. The rest are 30 day listings which gives me the option to adjust the listings if they are not attracting buyers or watches. I will sometimes group them with other items etc. 

I find the 30 day listings far more manageable for my business needs. 

So if all fixed listings are good til cancelled I dare say the next step will be for those with ebay stores will be reduced with the amount of fixed listings in their subscription. 

Good til cancelled also means there will be a hell of a lot of old stock on there for years or if I remember correctly they were bringing in limited time for listings.

I have had my vent but OH SO FRUSTRATING makes me wonder why I am doing this. 

Message 1 of 374
Latest reply
373 REPLIES 373

What a pain!! This change doesn’t work for me at all as I use eBay in spurts around other things guess I’ll have to use auctions which I don’t much like oh well hard to fathom why
Message 371 of 374
Latest reply

This is a serious issue. My sales have dropped alarmingly since "Good till cancelled" came in..I have been selling the same item for some time now and the sales have dropped to 20 % of what they were when I has 7 and 10 day buy now listings. I have no competition on price so the reason is simply buyers have no sense of urgency with such a long period to go on the listing.

In my opinion it is done purposely to reduce sales so that sellers can be persuaded to promote their listings which is a money grab from Ebay.

Surely the vast percentage of sellers feel strongly about the choice of listing duration being taken away.. 

Can a petition be organised to revert to the previous situation in regard to "buy now " listings.

Message 372 of 374
Latest reply

If you sell multiples of your items then GTC should work in your favour. As soon as the first one sells ebay will show your listings to a lot more buyers and you'll get more sales. If you make sure your listings don't end, by either making sure they never get down to zero, or by using the out of stock option, you should get a lot more sales with GTC than with shorter durations.

In my experience buyers take no notice of end dates on BIN listings. If they want the item they buy it. The only advantage to having shorter durations was that you got seen more often in newly listed and ending soonest, but now it's a level playing field for all sellers and it's much fairer in that respect.
Message 373 of 374
Latest reply

Re your new thread repeating the same complaint as all the others you've dragged up, the complaints about compulsion of GTC was far less about removal of shorter timeframes than it was about the loss of 8 free relists.

Message 374 of 374
Latest reply