EBAY'S NEW HEALTH CHECK - I think it is seriously SICK!!

Just received eBay's latest assistance to sellers *Ebay's NEW HEALTH CHECK* .

This may be old news but they are moving timed BUY IT NOW and will move all my listings to GOOD TIL CANCELLED. Well that is not what I want but then again we have no say. 

This does not suit me for many reasons with something new I like to use 10 days as an option. The rest are 30 day listings which gives me the option to adjust the listings if they are not attracting buyers or watches. I will sometimes group them with other items etc. 

I find the 30 day listings far more manageable for my business needs. 

So if all fixed listings are good til cancelled I dare say the next step will be for those with ebay stores will be reduced with the amount of fixed listings in their subscription. 

Good til cancelled also means there will be a hell of a lot of old stock on there for years or if I remember correctly they were bringing in limited time for listings.

I have had my vent but OH SO FRUSTRATING makes me wonder why I am doing this. 

Message 1 of 374
Latest reply
373 REPLIES 373

Re: EBAY'S NEW HEALTH CHECK - I think it is seriously SICK!!

Listing 'bulk lots' is looking like a good option
Message 41 of 374
Latest reply

Analysis time for the flow on effect.

1. Restrict listings

2. Listings plummet 

3. Sales plumment 

4. Ebay's income plummets 

5. Paypal's income plummets.

And the winner is ......

PLUMMET... in all it's forms.

Message 42 of 374
Latest reply

Listing only 20 at the start of the month as GTC will guarantee you will never be charged a relisting fee at any point in time.

GOOD ONE EBAY.

Now sellers can take a break and go on short holidays without having to worry about listing and ending listings and when did I insert these the first time and when was it that they auto relisted. 

Oh, what was that word again? Oh yes, PLUMMET.

Message 43 of 374
Latest reply

Exactly right, a royal PITA.

Message 44 of 374
Latest reply

pnc75
Community Member

Sorry to be dim here, as I've never used Good Till cancelled. Is it true that they will automatically relist if you don't end the listing yourself? And then of course you'll get charged for the privilege? TIA.

Message 45 of 374
Latest reply

A very big YES!

Which is why we've never used them.
Message 46 of 374
Latest reply

Yes I believe that is what will happen you will need to end them.  !!!

It is very obvious sellers are NOT AT ALL HAPPY going by this thread. Not one favourable comment - Do you think EBAY CARES!!! - 

We are the mugs that still use this platform and get shafted time and time again, 

I am struggling to think of one change ebay has made that has given me any joy!!!

Message 47 of 374
Latest reply

So looks like it has to be auctions with make an offer. Not happy, but I can't afford to do GTC - what happens if sudden illness or family emergency? Huge ebay bill, that's what. Perhaps that's the whole idea. 

They've really lost the feel for making ebay a happy bplace to be, haven't they? 

Message 48 of 374
Latest reply

pnc75
Community Member

Another question.  Why would it be called a 'Health Check'? And how much did they pay someone to come up with something that's totally irrelevant!? Unbelievable. 

Message 49 of 374
Latest reply

This is going to catch out a lot of people.

Example:

You get 40 free listings per month, you come back from holidays and list your 40 on the 15th, next month comes along and you list your 40 on the 4th (after all you are allowed 40 free listings), along comes the 16th of the month and the previous 40 are relisted automatically, so sorry, you owe relisting fees because you have gone over the 40 listings for the month. 

This is ebay at it's best.

Message 50 of 374
Latest reply