EBAY'S NEW HEALTH CHECK - I think it is seriously SICK!!

Just received eBay's latest assistance to sellers *Ebay's NEW HEALTH CHECK* .

This may be old news but they are moving timed BUY IT NOW and will move all my listings to GOOD TIL CANCELLED. Well that is not what I want but then again we have no say. 

This does not suit me for many reasons with something new I like to use 10 days as an option. The rest are 30 day listings which gives me the option to adjust the listings if they are not attracting buyers or watches. I will sometimes group them with other items etc. 

I find the 30 day listings far more manageable for my business needs. 

So if all fixed listings are good til cancelled I dare say the next step will be for those with ebay stores will be reduced with the amount of fixed listings in their subscription. 

Good til cancelled also means there will be a hell of a lot of old stock on there for years or if I remember correctly they were bringing in limited time for listings.

I have had my vent but OH SO FRUSTRATING makes me wonder why I am doing this. 

Message 1 of 374
Latest reply
373 REPLIES 373

Re: EBAY'S NEW HEALTH CHECK - I think it is seriously SICK!!

I can certainly add to the unfavourable.

At the moment I have a basic store, with 2300 items listed on 30 days, 8 autorelists. I still work on a 120 day duration (the old system) so that suits me.

I will now need to upgrade to the next store level (1500 pm) at a higher cost and relist 800 items on my non-store account, hoping the unlimited weekend freebies continue.

it will also mean a lot more time ending, relisting and managing for no extra profit.

Message 51 of 374
Latest reply

It's funny you should say that, one of the solution the customer service operator gave me was to buy a store.

So they want non store owners to buy a store and existing store owners to upgrade.

This is turning out to be a pure money grabbing excersize that is going to blow up in their faces.

Message 52 of 374
Latest reply

That wouldn't be so bad if the next level up wasn't so high.

We aren't a big business, just a retired couple and certainly couldn't spend thousands a month in store fees alone 😞
Message 53 of 374
Latest reply

There may be a possible benefit if you have competitors who don't put in the workk ending, relisting and managing, davewil. But if so, it may feel like a benefit with a bad taste in the mouth.

This doesn't affect me (I'm not about to start up an eBay business selling things) as it would sellers, yet it comes across as the most absolutely ridiculous and throat-cutting way... I've been trying to think about what eBay is hoping to achieve with this.

I suppose the first thing to consider in those terms is... are the big name sellers going to be affected by this?

Are anchor stores going to be affected by this?

What about Chinese sellers?

Is eBay seeking to increase fees in a sneaky way with this measure? Or are they seeking to discourage smaller sellers in order to make eBay more of an Amazon-style marketplace? Is it an "oh no, we can't survive this" measure to pave the way for higher fees in return for a friendlier and less work-intensive listing format? (A little like beating someone, and then stopping the beating, so that the victim's primary emotion is thankfulness that the beatings have ceased...)

It surely cannot have made sense to anyone in the decision-making cloud (aka eBay executive/management level) that this is an improvement for sellers... hence there must be another reason behind this.

Message 54 of 374
Latest reply

I would consider upgrading my store if it weren't $500 extra per month for the next one up. I contacted them awhile ago to give feedback on the store tiers and a suggestion that they put in place another tier in between featured and anchor, something like a 10,000 listing store for a $150 or so, similar to the US ebay system. They "passed it along to their feedback team".

Message 55 of 374
Latest reply

I have never used the Good Till Canceled option myself. I know it auto relists every 30 days so one must be sure to list in the middle of the month to avoid the double insertion fees within one month issue. But does it tell you how long the listing has left until it ticks over again? Is it in the same place as the duration/time remaining is now for fixed term listings?

Message 56 of 374
Latest reply

Yes the Time Left for a Good Till Cancelled listing is in the same place as if you had an auction or fixed price listing and counts downs in days/hrs.  But there is no warning sent to you that it is about to expire or that it is about to be automatically relisted.  You just have to set yourself a reminder for each item.

Message 57 of 374
Latest reply

It's all in the name, of course, but GTc should be just that, not terminated after 30 days........

But then that's logic, and we are dealing with ebay.....

Message 58 of 374
Latest reply

I agree and would even be happy to pay slightly more in final value fees if it meant that one 'insertion' was good until canceled.

Message 59 of 374
Latest reply

Maybe ebay means they want us to have a health check. I cannot understand why they are doing this and I will need a stress test soon.

Message 60 of 374
Latest reply