EBay is allowing sellers to offer NO actual products - for a fee! And that's ok with EBay

Have been recently reporting sellers who manipulate searches by offering their 'product' at a low fee but it's not the product they're actually promoting - it's a piece of garbage, while the actual product can cost ten times more.

BUT WAIT! It's now even worse! Today I came across 2 products that were actually offering NOTHING at all for $9.99. For $9.99 you get "good service" and then they offer their actual product at a much higher fee. 

Since when is this ok with EBay? For goodness sake - this is FRAUD!

Ebay has come back to me and said there was nothing wrong with the 2 listings I reported today, and this is not the first time.

If EBay wants to keep their customers, they'd better stop using AI-assisted checking of reports and take the time to check out complaints. In fact since the Ai-assisted checking of reports began, EBay is now getting more of these fraudulent listings. As a customer, who has the time to sift through hundreds of fake/manipulative/fraudulent listings? How can we possibly trust EBay if this the direction they're going?

I can't even get in contact with EBay any more - live chat no longer seems to be available. Well, I guess that does it for me... I'm outta here. Been a customer for 20 years - not any more.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

EBay is allowing sellers to offer NO actual products - for a fee! And that's ok with EBay

let me guess.....they're all multi-listings?? And from China??

please give an item number for good service item....maybe other buyers/sellers can help in your quest

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Good bye & safe travels.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

That's what I was thinking

Multi listing, most likely China

AI would have just looked at the 'multi listing' bit

No idea what buyer would seriously buy 'good service' 

Was going to ask the OP what reason they used for the report, but no point since they say they are leaving 

I would have though 'good service' would have come under a report for non tangible

eBay Help is still at the top of the page as far as I can see, so I can't help there either 

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I'm happy to pay for good service.  Better than places where you pay and get bad service.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I'd love to see the item number for this one where the $9.99 is just for good service.

That seems like a non tangible, as sandy said.

I have sometimes seen multiple listings where the cheapest product doesn't bear much resemblance to the item in the title and opening photo, but I don't strike it much in the sort of items I usually look at.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

As it's been several weeks since I reported the items, and I was looking at a number of items at the time, I can't recall the specific items in question. As the auto response from eBay didn't include the link to the original items, I don't know how to get that information.

The 'help' at the top of the page is no longer any help as it just links to generic suggestions if you have problems, and of course the very unhelpful 'report an item,' which didn't work in the first place. In fact, the stupid auto response email I received said that if you have any further issues go to the link (on the auto email), which just takes me back to the generic help page.

"What reason they used for the report" - I probably reported it as search manipulation.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Try searching for good service, as you claim it is for sale it will be in one of the 2100 returns for the word service, scroll through and it will surely jog your memory.

Otherwise it sounds like conveniently lost BS

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Browser history.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

i have seen some listings like it.  They are selling a warranty for the item they are selling.  Generic electronics etc. and the warranty ( 1 year only) is at least 1/3 the price the item. 

People click on them thinking they found a bargain but the items is 3x dearer tahn the reason they clicked on the listing.   Yes china listings.

eBay cant / wont stop those china based accounts selling items locally trying to trick people into thinking they are not drop shipping and getting some crazy cheap way to deliver items in this country. . ( most likely a type of slave labor cause they have family back in china or some government control  over them. or something.)   How they can sell some stuff so low yet still deliver it is mindboggling in a country where wages are so high.  When China own ( well actually 100 year $1 rentals ) on airports and shipping ports i suppose they can set up anything they want in this country with the way they control chinese people even living overseas and may not even have ever been to china....     Its dark and dirty the things they do behind the scene. 

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply