Ebay 1kg satchel?

Does anyone know if we will be able to get Ebay 1kg satchels, as are now available at Australia Post?

It would save postage, instead of having to use a 3kg bag.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Ebay 1kg satchel?

My post office manager ordered some in for me, but you have to buy 10 at a time (they won't sell them individually).

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay 1kg satchel?

Are you saying your post office manager ordered you the Ebay postage bags?   Labels are not even available on the EBay system yet for the 1kg bags.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay 1kg satchel?

Not likely. The other eBay satchels are only 10% cheaper than standard AP prices anyway. Depending on the size of your items, Bx1 boxes are significantly cheaper to post through eBay.

Do what I do - wait for a discount voucher, then buy from an eBay seller of them. 10% gets you a deal eBay will likely not better; anything more is a bonus.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay 1kg satchel?

I received an email from eBay last week offering me an additional discount on a bulk purchase of 1kg satchels, I pretty much ignored it though as they cost around the same as a 3kg satchel costs me. 

I take that to mean, though, they won't be included in eBay's postage label system any time soon. 

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay 1kg satchel?

I will never understand Australia Post, or at least the people running the company. It's almost like the corporate heads get their kicks out of refusing products and services; they probably do in fact, laughing all the way to the bank every time someone has to pay the next price bracket or two.

Will someone ever buy out Australia Post, sack every single fossilised big-dollar executive stuck in the dark ages and bring the company into the 21st century?
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay 1kg satchel?

I'm not sure how your byatch relates to eBay not offering a particular AP service. Given they only offer a very limited selection of AP services. Like 2.

I'm sure you will enlighten us. Most people would be happy that AP are now offering a mid-range service, not previously available. I might have mentioned previously that the Bx1 box option has always offered that mid-range service for those items that meet the size requirements. But a 1kg satchel will certainly save my buyers money on those items that are too big for a B1 but are less than 1kg.

That old horses for courses chestnut.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay 1kg satchel?

@digital*ghost wrote:

I received an email from eBay last week offering me an additional discount on a bulk purchase of 1kg satchels, I pretty much ignored it though as they cost around the same as a 3kg satchel costs me. 

I take that to mean, though, they won't be included in eBay's postage label system any time soon. 

Wasn't that email about express satchels, not the regular ones?

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay 1kg satchel?

Rather than paying around $1.40 for a AusPost BX1 box, buy them from EB Pack (they are on Ebay) for around $0.50c each

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay 1kg satchel?

You can only use the flat rate Bx1 price with the Aus Post Bx1 boxes. If you use a generic carton you have to select Own Packaging not the Bx1 box.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply