Ebay Labels and Satchels

I'm still trying to use up my eBay branded satchels. A buyer paid today and opted for exress post. Can I use the regular eBay branded satchel with an eBay label, or do I need to have a proper express post satchel? Even though it's been a few years now that I've been using eBay labels, I've not had anyone opt for express.

Also, while I think of it, if I decide to change over to printing labels from AP, can I use them on the eBay branded satchels?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Ebay Labels and Satchels

The satchels are now pretty universal, and are ok to use for express (they used to have two different types, but now it's all down to the label and service purchased) - I'm not sure about eBay labels, but the express ones through My Post have a yellow header if you print in colour (the standard post ones have red).

I always put a bit of express tape on both sides of the satchel, just to make extra sure it doesn't get sorted into regular post by mistake - my PO gives me rolls of the tape as needed, but they should put a bit on there for you at the counter if you ask. 

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay Labels and Satchels

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I'm still trying to use up my eBay branded satchels. A buyer paid today and opted for exress post. Can I use the regular eBay branded satchel with an eBay label, or do I need to have a proper express post satchel? Even though it's been a few years now that I've been using eBay labels, I've not had anyone opt for express.

Also, while I think of it, if I decide to change over to printing labels from AP, can I use them on the eBay branded satchels?

The satchel is just a bag, so you can use it with whatever postage label pay for itโ€”the eBay branding serves only for advertising when you think about it.

I get the occasional express post order, and usually just buy a pre-paid AP satchel for the order when I'm at the PO.  I mainly do this because the satchel looks different so the buyer can see they're getting what they've paid for, and perhaps it also helps AP make sure it travels by expressโ€”it's probably overkill on my part.

EDIT: ...and I'm beaten by The Ghost once again! Smiley Very Happy

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay Labels and Satchels

That's a good idea. I might print through My Post, and then ask for some tape.

Thank you! And thanks to Tazzie as well.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay Labels and Satchels

I did it!! I managed to print a label through AP, which has a lovely bold yellow stripe across the top. It was a bit fiddly to get through it all, but like anything new, it takes a few goes for it to be smooth. I think I'll probably go that way from now on, especially as it's pay as you go, not wait for the monthly invoice.

Thanks again!

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay Labels and Satchels

I have completely converted to the Aust Post labels.    They may be a little fiddlier, but with the ebay orders linked, it is not really an issue, and now they have bought it discounted labels for sellers, it makes it much more economical.  

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay Labels and Satchels

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I did it!! I managed to print a label through AP, which has a lovely bold yellow stripe across the top. ...

Yellow is so pretty on labels - good choice!

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay Labels and Satchels

@tazzieterror wrote:

Yellow is so pretty on labels - good choice!

countess may beg to differ on that one tazzie.................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay Labels and Satchels

Perhaps I'm in for a rouge awakening when she's online next! ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay Labels and Satchels

original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply