Ebay closed all my listings for not being on managed payments

Ebay closed all my listings for not being on managed payments. So I go to register for it but they want driver's licence or passport. They clearly told me they will not  require these, only my bank account but now they want it.

I certainly don't trust them with my personal documents, bank account/card  is well sufficient as an ID anywhere. Currently I'm considering cancelling my store because why pay them $25 a months if I can't sell anything.

I don't like coercion and giving out  my personal details to complete strangers. What's your take on this? And don't say "if you want to sell you have to do it". It's not about that.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

@retrowise wrote:

What's your take on this? And don't say "if you want to sell you have to do it". It's not about that.

My take is just another complainer who has had heaps of time and warning that managed payments is here,  and now complaining that they have been delisted.

Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

My take is the same as sugar's. You would have been repeatedly warned. There have been MANY threads about this on the boards over the last year. Takeout - AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT requirements.

If you are that insecure about providing information over the internet, you probably shouldn't be selling on the internet. Or even accessing it. I'll warrant you've given more ID theft information to randoms that you ever have to eBay. Which is registered in Australia and has a level of legal oversight. Good luck in your selling ventures elsewhere.

"if you want to sell you have to do it". That is the bottom line. Their sandpit, their rules.

Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

Bank cards etc, are not valid  as primary forms of identification.

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

He's right. I care about my privacy, maybe you don't.

Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

No need for luck elsewhere, no problems on Amazon and others, just here.
If you're happy giving your private info to anyone you meet, good luck, you're likely going to learn the hard way so remember this post.

Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

So what is the point about your post about number of free listings?

If you're not going to sell here, it is irrelevant.

I doubt that Amazon have required less personal information, but dream on.

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

You have no privacy on the internet, in case you haven't noticed. I'd rather give my personal information, none of which can be used to access my bank account or steal my identity, to a company subject to Australian law than randoms. Like Facebook, Alphabet...

Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

@retrowise wrote:

Amazon also require your ID if you plan to sell.  LOL

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

@retrowise wrote:

If you're happy giving your private info to anyone you meet, good luck, you're likely going to learn the hard way so remember this post.

No problems on Amazon,....  So you have done all the registration process with  Amazon, but have security issues with ebay!!

Direct from  Amazon  PSPP

4. What if I continue using a non-participating PSP?

Beginning on March 1, 2021, sellers adding a new bank account from a PSP must use a PSP that is participating in the Program. Sellers who continue using a bank account from a non-participating PSP after May 31, 2021 will be subject to a longer disbursement reserve period of up to 21 days after the latest estimated delivery date. Click here for more details about payments based on delivery date. Beginning on July 15, 2021, we will stop disbursements to sellers using non-participating PSPs until they switch to a participating PSP or use a bank account directly issued by a deposit-taking bank.

5. How do I switch to a participating PSP?

Refer to the question "How do I know if I need to switch my PSP or provide another bank account?" above to see if you need to provide another bank account. If you need to switch to a participating PSP, please take the following steps:

1. Choose one of the currently participating PSPs here.
  2. Visit the participating PSP website of your choice, follow the instructions to apply for a bank account that supports your Amazon store currencies, and complete the verification process required by the PSP.
  3. Once you have obtained the new bank account from a participating PSP, go to the Deposit Method page in Seller Central to update your bank account information.
  4. Provide any additional documentation that may be required by Amazon in order to complete your bank account update process.

If you experience any account issues, please contact our Selling Partner Support or your account manager if you have one.

Message 10 of 31
Latest reply