Ebay closed all my listings for not being on managed payments

Ebay closed all my listings for not being on managed payments. So I go to register for it but they want driver's licence or passport. They clearly told me they will not  require these, only my bank account but now they want it.

I certainly don't trust them with my personal documents, bank account/card  is well sufficient as an ID anywhere. Currently I'm considering cancelling my store because why pay them $25 a months if I can't sell anything.

I don't like coercion and giving out  my personal details to complete strangers. What's your take on this? And don't say "if you want to sell you have to do it". It's not about that.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Ebay closed all my listings for not being on managed payments

@retrowise wrote:

We'll I've signed up now. They told me bank statement is only necessary if they can't identify me. So far no problems. What struck was the signup page wanted password to my bank. Hehehe no way I'd do that but I clicked further and than it said I can just input my account number manually. Why they don't tell people about this. Heaps of people probably gave away their password to complete strangers somewhere on the Net

So all your carry on about nothing,  you should have done it weeks ago,  and you wouldnt have gone through your self imposed pain

Message 31 of 31
Latest reply