Ebay contact details in Australia?

Can't contact support via site, can not list items after they finished at 8.30 tonight? Time to send Ebay a bill for non performance of this site, we pay plenty in fees and get no respect or information on outages or the changes they make so time they paid for it! Does anybody have details of their legal contacts here?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Ebay contact details in Australia?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Check the White pages.....ebay have a PO Box in Australia Square.

Just remember, ebay has very deep pockets.....unless your losses are in the tens of thousands of dollars then it is really not worth legal action.....you will just be throwing good money after bad.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

If you are actually going to tke legal action, you dont need to know details of their legal office. Thats what your lawyer does.

If you are going to send them a bill, youre more likely to have more luck with their accounts section, or whoever looks after bills. Otherwise it will be forwarded to their complaints section and not paid but dealt with as a complaint.  

They are at 1 York St, Sydney..... lvls 19 to 25, depending on who you talk to (Paypal is there too.. they actually share their office space still, despite a legal split.. I bet no illegal info sharing happens eh?).  Google it maybe... or better yet, go there in person.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Sales tonight were just over 12k and will be zero next week now we can't list, VCAT will sort them.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Exactly, invoice them for loss of sales. they can come to Melbourne and appear, not long now and I will not be able to post i am sure, they will boot me off.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Good uck with that, it is written into the User Agreement (which you would have had to agree with before you could commence selling) that eBay takes no repsonsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the site or any interruptions to service. 

Cheers,

Penny
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay is run under NSW law....I doubt that they will bother with VCAT.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I can't find anything in the user agreement in relation to giving away my rights to be able to list?

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Does not matter in what state a legal action is generated from? State or federal laws are still covered by individual states by local government offices to retrieve debts owed. They (Ebay) have the right to respond via phone, they don't have to appear. In the user agreement there is contact details for legal proceedings I just read.
Thanks...
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I can't find anything in the user agreement in relation to giving away my rights to be able to list?

You clicked agree upon sign up.

You agreed to - eBay takes no repsonsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the site or any interruptions to service. 

Your lawyer will tell you the same.

Don't waste the time, so many here on the boards have been down all the roads you might be travelling for the first time, so the advice you will get is if your eBay business hinges on NO contingencies occurring here, best to find another medium or factor them in.

One of the first rules of business is adapt.

Another is stick to facts, no emotion.

image host
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply