Ebay hiding listings

I have 11 listings on auction and 10 of them have bids,but now only 3 are showing up in search so I have a bad feeling I won't sell them for much due to them not being seen by potential buyers.

How can Ebay do this and why is Ebay doing this? Or is it a glitch?

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Ebay hiding listings

@hanger888 wrote:

I have all the listings in my ebay and they all have bids on them.

This isn't about the starting price it's about ebay blatantly hiding the listings from search.

Welcome to eBay. Hiding listings has been happening for at least the last 2 years.

But wendshee is absolutely correct - eBay is not an auction site any more. Don't undersell your goods.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

Ebay hiding listings

Those listings will finish in the next 30 mins and most are still invisible.

Others appeared briefly at the bottom of search results and the only way to search for others is by using

the item numbers.

This is so wrong and the Op needs to contact eBay and ask some questions as to why this has happened,(this

seems a blatant attempt to make certain this seller will never sell on here again and eBay will have some

"bargain" sales,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

The only thing I can think of is that the Op was sanctioned for having identical listings or a different violation.

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

Ebay hiding listings

I sympathise with you OP but eBay has been known to hide the listings of new accounts for longer periods than they might otherwise. 

It has happened to me on a new account once and my listings were hidden for around the first 24 hours of the listing.  

When I followed up the reason that eBay gave me was that the listings on a new flagged account undergo more vigourous Trust and Safety bot scrunity. 

Given your account's "identity" problem that you recently posted about OP it is highly likely your account is still under this additional scrunity IMO. 

Message 13 of 32
Latest reply

Ebay hiding listings

@hanger888 wrote:

I have a large collection of coins aquired over the years and thought it was a good time to sell as selling of coins is going great any time of the year but then to have hit a brick wall as soon as you try then I might just need to stick to BIN and hope for the best.

Either use the BIN option or if you do want to auction them then start them at the minimum price that you want for them,(that way it only needs one bid for them to sell and anymore will be a bonus.

I hope no coin collectors think that I am a scammer and don't even bother buying from me or even read what has been said in some other members posts.

Others will know that it wasn't targeted at you as it was a general comment aimed at the Chinese scammers

who used to list the Panda and other coins for unbelievable low prices,(when they list now they use 3 day

listings to circumvent this "block").

There have been other "newbie" scammers over the years that list low priced items that have a much higher

value and it's part of the reason that eBay have this policy in place for newer sellers,(especially for items that

are scam prone,such as coins,GPS's,car DVD players,etc.

Message 31 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Ebay hiding listings

I can only see that 4 are listed. Are you sure the other auctions didn't finish. You had 9 listings finish on the 24th at 9pm with no takers.
Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

Ebay hiding listings

I have 11 listings finishing around 9am in the morning and most of them have only the starting auction price of 99c.

All 11 listings were there at the start and as soon as a bid was placed on them they disappeared from the search.

Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

Ebay hiding listings

I too can only see 3 active listings. Were any of your listings duplicates?  Ebay will often remove duplicate listings. If you had other ANZAC listings with 2 or 3 coins, then ebay has probably removed them.

As for getting a good price, you've put your listings on for 1 day. Try putting them up for 5 or 7 days so they have more exposure.  With only 5 feedback, I'll assume you have listing restrictions. If you keep listing for only 1 day, you will find that if they sell, you will have a lot of the month where you can't list any more items. 

If you're concerned you're not going to get the price you want,  start your auctions at the lowest you'll be willing to accept. That way if you only get one  bid, you're not going to lose it for 99c. A lot of us learned the hard way starting auctions at 99c!

Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

Ebay hiding listings

This isn't about the starting price it's about ebay blatantly hiding the listings from search.

Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

Ebay hiding listings

Are any of the hidden listings for the same items as the ones that are visible (I first saw 3 listings, but now I only see 2)?

I only ask as they listings I could see are for coins (two of which are for the same coin  but in different quantities, and now I can't see the one that was for 3, while I can still see the one that was for 2), and if the hidden listings are the same as any of the visible ones, it's because of eBay's duplicate listing policy, which (in a nutshell) means a seller can have 1 Buy it Now and 1 auction type listing for the same item at any one time. Multiple Buy It Now listings will be ended by eBay, multiple auctions can be listed, but only one will be made visible at a time, so when one auction ends, the next one in line should become visible (not helpful when your duration is 24 hours and you have less than 12 hours remaining, I know).

More info here (just in case that is the reason) - http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-multi.html

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

Ebay hiding listings

@hanger888 wrote:

Welcome to eBay. Hiding listings has been happening for at least the last 2 years.

But wendshee is absolutely correct - eBay is not an auction site any more. Don't undersell your goods.

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

Ebay hiding listings

Here are the listings

http://tinyurl.com/qft8bw8

It does appear that many are hidden

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

Ebay hiding listings

Those listings will finish in the next 30 mins and most are still invisible.

Others appeared briefly at the bottom of search results and the only way to search for others is by using

the item numbers.

This is so wrong and the Op needs to contact eBay and ask some questions as to why this has happened,(this

seems a blatant attempt to make certain this seller will never sell on here again and eBay will have some

"bargain" sales,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

The only thing I can think of is that the Op was sanctioned for having identical listings or a different violation.

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

Ebay hiding listings

Less than 15 minutes to go and they are all visible,(eBay needs to step in and cancel the lot as this is so

wrong),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

This will make eBay look good and punish the seller.

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply