Ebay is a Scam charging fees on gross revenues (Sold price + Sales TAx + Freight + other)

tag2141
Community Member

EBAY should be up for unfair trade practices and unconscionable conduct.

They are charging percentage fees on the total transaction costs of 1. Sale Price + 2. Postage and Handling 3. Sales Tax 4. International delivery Fee !!!!!!!!!!!

What businesses can charge commission on all on costs like this especially statutory charges and freight. Unbelievable. May your business suffer and the people walk - I will be withdrawing items from now. This is absolutely an infringement of Fair Trading laws and practices, it is also Unconscionable Behaviour. I look forward to shorting this stock on the stock market.

See the oncosts and "variable" percentage rate below....it also does not show advertising charges. Masters of the hidden cost. Disgraceful behaviour. They are so ripe for competition.

tag2141_0-1686033851475.png

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Ebay is a Scam charging fees on gross revenues (Sold price + Sales TAx + Freight + other)

Here we go again.

You say you are withdrawing, but still have items up for sale.  Thats a bit double standards.

Please don't slam the door on the way out, 

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

@tag2141 wrote:

I look forward to shorting this stock on the stock market.

I do hope you know what you're doing if you are going to attempt to short-sell eBay shares, because it's very obvious that you have no idea about selling fees on eBay.

As said, please don't slam the door on the way out. 🤣

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

There is plenty of competition. Maybe you would be more comfortable on Amazon or any of the others!

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

So why waste your time posting on the member to member forum, instead of reporting the fees you don't like to Fair Trading?

And no, they are'nt  'hidden'

You did'nt read what ticked you had read and understood when listing 

It is not 'our business' any more than it is yours

Nobody from eBay reads this forum, they will not see your post, nor have any idea if you use the site or not

Best end those listings quick in case someone buys something and you will be up for more fees you knew about when listing 

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Just an FYI Ebay shares went up today,

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Your ' tags ' are really cute. lol

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Another know nothing.  All charges you refer to are legal and correct, all approved and as per fully disclosed fees.

As for shorting the stock price, I hope you are aware of your criminal and civil liabilites.  Somehow I doubt it,seeing as you do not even know your ebay obligations.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Items still listed for sale. Fees look about right for the cost of the item sold. 

Ebay couldn't care less if you leave or not. They don't even know you exist. You aren't even a blip in their eyes.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply