Ebay rips off small sellers!

I am a new seller, I have another account with excellent feedback, but I wanted a new one to sell my teddies on. Ebay holds the my payements from customers for 21days, plus I must have an account over 90 days and sell over $250. Ok, wish they told me that before I made my first sale. Twenty or so sales later, with excellent feedback, they are still holding my money the max time.

I contacted them well after I received feedback for an item last week, and asked my funds be released. I am allowed to do that once the person has their item for three or four days depending on who you speak to at Ebay. They said my funds would be released within 24 hours. Waited a bit longer, contacted them and they said the funds would be released asap. A few hours later I got the money.

Yesterday, I contacted them and asked for funds to be released, he PROMISED it would happen. It didnt...I contacted them again, and the supervisor told me they could not release my funds because my items were in transit. Not those items! I gave them the item numbers already...sigh! I asked, repeatedly, why my funds were not being released, but he refused to answer me and kept saying my items were in transit...

Four hours I have spent with them explaining that I really needed the funds to be released, as promised, because I didnt want to follow up yet again!! I have a disabled partner and children, Ebay is causing us to starve. I explained all that...repeatedly...I have taken my items I was selling down and will close my account asap. BEWARE of Ebay!

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Did you bother to read ebays terms and conditions, before you opened your second account and commenced selling.  The hold on payments is clearly spelt out.   But then again, it easier not to bother, claim ignorance and then blame ebay for not telling you how things work.  Whether  we agree with ebays  terms and conditions is irrelevant, as a seller it is your responsibility to know them.

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

They dont make the info easy to find!!
Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

What has that to do with their staff not releasing my money?
Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

You signed up and agreed to ebays terms and conditions.  The T&C's tell you your money will be held for up to 21 days, until you meet certain  criteria.  You have not met the criteria,  The hold on funds is designed to protect your buyers, until you satisfy ebay that you are a reliable and honest seller.   Details hard to find, again did you bother to read the T&C's.

How is ebay ripping you off or for that matter any small seller, as your heading insinuates, when they are simply doing what they have told you they will do.  Just because some poor service rep, tells you your money is going to be cleared straight away, does not

meen that it is going to happen.  Probably just want to get you off the line and move onto the next caller.

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

You are not being helpful. I dont understand your aggression. Pls stop replying now
Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

Is this about the sale of 99 cents ?

If your other account is a long standing selling account then let eBay know of the other account and they may link the 2 to lift the holds.

gutter is not being aggressive just straight to the point.

image host
Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

@mizcuriousteddies wrote:
You are not being helpful. I dont understand your aggression. Pls stop replying now

Sorry, Apparently I was under the misunderstanding that this was a public forum.  And that freedom of speech is still allowed to be practiced in this country.   Will not make that mistake again.  Go  ebay.

Did notice, that you opened this account on 25 Jan 18,  but did not commence selling untill  1 July  18.   Must have had a long

startup time.

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

What you were told is correct. If you think punk's responses were aggressive, be thankful they replied before I did.

I, also, would like to know how it is a ripoff. You will get your money, just not straight away. If you want it straight away, list your items on your 'excellent' account.

I won't even mention what sort of response you will probably get by playing the disability card. I cannot see how closing your account will help you feed your family, either.

These boards are public, and open to ANY member to reply to. Just because you start a thread doesn't give you any rights as to who replies, or how.

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

I'm wondering how the family is going to get fed on the sale of a half dozen 99cent bears.

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply