Ebay scams.

Have any other sellers had issue's with Ebay buyers who register on ebay on the same day they make a purchase?

Twice in one month I have had two sales from Ebay buyers who have registered an account on the same day of purchase.

Then claimed a 'chargeback' through Paypal & recieved a refund ( I didn't send the item registered).

Then another whom purchased an $80 item & paid.

I was weary so I sent an email advising them to confirm address details. They did not respond until I told them I wouldn't send the item until I heard from them.

They contacted me after 4 days and said they were moving and having trouble with their paypal account.

They also said they had 'checked out' on the purchase as a 'guest'.

I've never heard of that so I canceled the transaction.

Can anyone advise of similar experiences?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Ebay scams.

I do get a few newly registered IDs purchasing, but have not yet had any initiate credit card chargebacks and the like.

If it's specifically the new IDs that are causing trouble, you can curb it a bit by using the block to prevent unverified users from purchasing. Any member who has not gone through phone verification with eBay, or does not have a valid PayPal account, debit or credit card on file with eBay will not be able to buy from you.

It won't stop people from using PayPal as a guest, unfortunately, but they can't use eBay as a guest, and it should cut down on people creating throwaway IDs to buy from you. 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Ebay scams.

Link for blocks if you haven't set them yet http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

I've had a few new, same day as joined, buyers and had no problems. I have blocks in place so those buyers had obviously verified their account. I see quite a few new buyers in my buyer requirements activity log who have tried to buy and can't. One tried to bid on quite a few different items, and they had accumulated a few feedback, so I sent them a message about verifying their account and they would be free to buy. A few days later, my phone notification was going nuts with all these bids from that buyer! She's since been back a few times.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply