Ebay will not allow my customers to request a combined invoice and I cannot find any answers

Ebay will not allow my customers to request a combined invoice and I cannot find any answers on the subject, where can I go to change this setting to allow my customers to ask for combined purchases before paying?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Ebay will not allow my customers to request a combined invoice and I cannot find any answers

I beleave you need to make sure instant payment is turned off. But I have seen other sellers not be able to get this working, even though they have all the correct settings. Sometimes it even seems to work for some customers and not others. Personally, I just ask the customer to send me a list of the items they want and I make a custom bulk listing for them.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Re: Ebay will not allow my customers to request a combined invoice and I cannot find any answers

I have the correct settings but I cannot send an invoice with the right postage costs.

I suggest to people that they buy whatever they are after and I will refund the difference in postage for them.

It is a bit of a trust thing (the seller has to trust me to do the right thing by them). It seems to be the only thing that seems to work.

Having said that, I have lost sales because the invoice sending just doesn't work.

Another one of EBay's new, beaut ideas ....not!!!

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

I believe offers will allow this.get customer to ask questions from each item, then make an offer of say 1c less. They accept then you can send invoice for the correct postage.
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I had this problem and after several online chats with various ebay operatives finally hit pay dirt. To access the magic 'request total from seller' option, the buyer has to first be using a desktop device, then having added items to cart, to their cart and tick the box in top RH corner, then commit to buy. Having done that ebay should send a request to the seller to send an invoice.

Since advising buyers of this, they and I have had no problems with combined postage.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

.....also your BUYER might need to untick immediate payment preferred option in their settings
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply, regarding turning off the instant payment, I have been looking for anything to do with payments to see what I can turn off and on and I cannot find any section to go into to do this.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply, I have been looking for the section that has this option to turn off or on about payments but cannot find it, very frustrating.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Here's the steps to find out what you are signed up for:

1.Go to My eBay.

2.Click Account

3.Select Personal Information

4.Scroll down to Financial Information

5.See 'Checkout saved payment methods'.
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply, I have investigated and this section applies to me only regarding payment of my own account.

As I said I have clicked on everything I can find and there is nothing about letting your customers ask for combined postage, I have had customers saying that when they try to request this notification comes up stating SELLER DOES NOT OFFER COMBINED POSTAGE if it states this there must be something somewhere that can be reversed but I cannot find it.  Thanks for your help anyway.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply