Ebay will not allow my customers to request a combined invoice and I cannot find any answers

Ebay will not allow my customers to request a combined invoice and I cannot find any answers on the subject, where can I go to change this setting to allow my customers to ask for combined purchases before paying?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Ebay will not allow my customers to request a combined invoice and I cannot find any answers

Re: Ebay will not allow my customers to request a combined invoice and I cannot find any answers

here's the specifics ^^^

Enabling combined payments
Here's how to enable combined payments:

More info
1)Go to your preferences:

In Seller Hub, from the Shortcuts section, select Site preferences

In My eBay, from the Account section, select Site preferences

2)In the Selling Preferences section, select Show next to Postage preferences.

3)Next to Offer combined payments and postage, select Edit.

4)Under Combined Payments, select Edit.

5)On Edit Combined Payments, tick Allow buyers to send one combined payment for all items purchased. Select a time period for allowing combined purchases. We recommend 30 days after a listing ends.

6)Select Save.
Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Many thanks for all your help, I have done this and beleive it or not it was already ticked (that's Ebay for you) I have ticked it again and saved it will see what happens next time.

Again many thanks I would not have found this without your help.

Kind Regards

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

The steps outlined above by twyngwyn are only to allow the buyer to make one payment for all purchaes - it does not allow for a lower combined postage rate - it just adds the postage on each & every item together & charges your buyer the total ie.. if your buyer buys 5 items @ $1 & the postage is $2 on each it will allow the buyer to make one payment, but that payment will be $5 for the items & $10 for the postage, totalling $15.  It still won't allow you to change the postage.

The only success I've had is when my buyers are on a desktop & put items into cart - it then allows them to use "request total" icon & you can then change the postage & issue invoice.

Otherwise, I request the buyers to give me the items they're after & I put them into one listing with combined postage.  But this of course is dependant on the buyers contacting you & not just giving up.

Good luck!

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply