Ebay witholding funds on every sale all of a sudden for no reason & say it's a glitch. Anyone else?

So starting yesterday every sale I've made has funds being held for approx 3 weeks (until delivery confirmed).  When I first called ebay they said a restriction had been placed on my account and they didn't know why.  Then I received an email from them saying "your funds are being held for 21 days because, statistically, sales for high-valued items have proven to be more likely to receive claims from buyers. We try to make these holds as fair as possible; therefore, we do not target anybody, and instead we hold all payments for high-priced items regardless of history or feedback to ensure that all our sellers have the same experience."  The items I sold were all under $50.  (One $50, one $35, one $30 and one $12.50).  So this is obviously ridiculous.  So I called again and was told that it looked like my account had a restriction placed on it by mistake.  So I asked them to release my funds.  I cannot ship these items without paying for them out of pocket now, which I can do - but why should I have to).  I was told they would "see what they can do".  I received a call back from Ebay today (which shocked me) saying that apparently I'm not the only one affected by this and that there is some kind of glitch.  And apparently it is going to continue to happen for they don't know how long and they cannot release my funds until the buyers receive their items and tracking confirms it.  This is some seriously messed up business.  I have a separate issue that I've been talking with them about for five months.  Their customer service is the absolute worst customer service of any place I have ever experienced.  What the heck ebay!?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ebay witholding funds on every sale all of a sudden for no reason & say it's a glitch. Anyone else?

You might like to try the  US forums.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

imastawka_0-1625960632468.gif

These are the Australian boards.

Hope you enjoyed the trip  

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I'm having a similar problem - a $10 dress and funds are being held - my account is 100% positive but this is the first time selling under the new system.  I've tried contacting via chat but after 45 minutes of waiting was cut off.....  I can't seem to find a phone number so would really like a hand with that.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I am not sure of the phone number for Managed Payments questions, sorry but when did you last sell something on the account in question?

Your last feedback as a seller on this account was more than a year ago, so eBay consider you a new seller all over again, even had you still been on the old system (PayPal)

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply