Ebays new return policy

eBay have recently changed their policies and it is discriminatory. 90% of all items now listed on eBay are from China. 90% of that rubbish is not fit for purpose or when it finally arrives it is wrong. I can no longer get a refund unless I return the item, that is wrong, I purchase a $10 item and it will cost me $50 or more to send it back, it’s a complete con and something needs to be done. My other issue is that there are many items sold on eBay Australia that do not work on Australian products. Example car parts - i have been sold hundreds of dollars of car parts that only fit a left hand drive car, yet in Australia we only have right hand drive cars, these items should not be able to be sold on an Australian website, they are not fit for purpose. Yet the only way i can get a refund is to return them “TO CHINA” !!!!
THE MEDIA need to know, this should be going viral.

it's supposed to be EBay Australia, not EBay china.

I have sent this to the ACCC, BUT WHO KNOWS

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Ebays new return policy

Ask questions before you buy.....check their feedback (you will then see what country they are registered in)
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Ebays new return policy

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Most Chinese sellers, if you contact them will refund without returning the item.

Most of them want to avoid that red dot.

But if the item is Not as Described, then you can open case, after contacting the seller first to see if they want to resolve the problem.

If they want the item back, then they have to pay for postage.

If you give them a red dot first, then they have no incentive to help you.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Ebays new return policy

But that's eBay's OLD policy, stawks. It's been in effect for a year or more now.

The OP must be referring to a new, unannounced, policy, where the buyer has to pay for returns. Or they don't understand the MBG. Or how to determine where a seller is located.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Ebays new return policy

Yes, a new, unannounced policy - that must be it.   eye roll.gif

Wonder how long it also took them to get the % as being 90% of ebay items being Chinese?  And then 90% of that 90% being rubbish?

That must have taken a lot of calculator work.

Spoiler
 Related image
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Ebays new return policy

Most of the negs you have left are for sellers where it states they are in China

Some of them (one especially) has shocking feedback

Why support such sellers in the first place?

Why would eBay 'do' something when buyers choose to keep buying from these sellers?

I would be interested in the new policy, I would appreciate a link as I have not heard of it until now

(Sorry, I only know of the policy already mentioned above?)

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Ebays new return policy

I have to point out that I buy from Chinese sellers.

I don't buy anything that's complex, so never have a problem with what I buy.

It's usually an item that can be bought at a $2 asian shop - but I can't get there.

I never expect quality, so I'm never disappointed.

And I never buy from someone who has less than 98% fb.

I certainly wouldn't be looking at car parts, anything electrical, or a mobile phone.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Ebays new return policy

@markrobina wrote:

I can no longer get a refund unless I return the item, that is wrong,

No it's not - it's a standard requirement with few exceptions, in so far as eBay's policies go. 

The ACCC are not going to help, they only would if eBay were in breach of an Australian consumer law that requires sellers to refund without return of the product, and at this point in time, it's quite the opposite. 

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Ebays new return policy

@imastawka wrote:

I have to point out that I buy from Chinese sellers.

I don't buy anything that's complex, so never have a problem with what I buy.

It's usually an item that can be bought at a $2 asian shop - but I can't get there.

I never expect quality, so I'm never disappointed.

And I never buy from someone who has less than 98% fb.

I certainly wouldn't be looking at car parts, anything electrical, or a mobile phone.

Hey ....that's my philosophy on life. I only ever expect mediocrity, so most of the time I,m not disappointed. Occasionally something moderately good happens and thats a real bonus.....Man Very Happy

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Ebays new return policy

I buy a lot from China and generally get what I pay for and it is good quality. maybe it is because I check reviews of what I want before buying, know what I am buying, and with car stuff (like the dash mat I have just bought for my new van) I check to make sure it is for a right hand drive car. I also ask questions if there is any ambiguity before buying and find that Chinese seller are generally quick to answer.

My advice to you is to never take descriptions for granted and do your homework before purchasing anything - from here or overseas. A ferw minutes extra work for something that is important isn't a big ask.

Latest reply