End of Sale date changed

For the first time I had a completed sale on 2 July it is now 7 July and still awaiting payment. Invoice sent. But looking on listed item the sale date has now been changed to 6 July.  No contact from buyer with perfect payment record.  Cannot get information from Ebay as to what this means.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: End of Sale date changed

Friday glitch?

eBay running on American time?

How do you know the buyer has a perfect payment record? Unless a seller has been silly enough to leave them a false positive, nobody has any way of knowing if they have a habit of not paying

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Did you send the invoice on 6 July?

We've noticed that seems to reset the sale date at times, which can be quite annoying.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

If you resend the invoice it changes the sale date, strange but it happens.

No way of telling if they have a perfect record,  but set you seller rules to block anyone with non payment strikes  (I think it's 2 but cant remember). check up your setup

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Hi there, as others have stated, the last invoice you send now shows as the sale date, don't know why,

but as it resets it also gives the buyer extra time to pay, and you therefore have to wait to cancel.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

If someone bought on 2 July and has not paid by now, I don't like your chances that they are going to.

Their perfect record you speak of is probably the feedback score & if they have only been a buyer , then they can only be given a positive rating by a seller. Buyers can give a neg to a seller but not vice versa.

In any case, just wait it out and as soon as you can (probably around 10 July?) file an ebay unpaid item claim as at least then you'll get most of your fees back.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Yer same happened to me which then means you have to wait more time to end the listing due to non payer. The old system used to be automatic reminder and then you could do a final notice after 5 days but now it seems the period can be set up to 30 days and not less than 7 i believe, Just gotta wait but don't sent out any more payment reminders as ebay deems these as sale dates for some strange reason,

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Close but no cigar.

Not less than 4 days (96 hours).

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply