FREE to list & sell 10 items this Jan! (No Commission. No Fees.)

Hi guys,

Just got this promo:

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/103661

*** It's FREE to list & sell 10 items this Jan!

Earn 100% of what your item sells for! ZERO fees. Up to 10 items only. T&Cs apply. ***

I have checked with other sellers and they all got it too, so i guess it could be available to all sellers.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: FREE to list & sell 10 items this Jan! (No Commission. No Fees.)

It's a bit confusing, even though it's $0 listing fee for listing an item before 20 Jan, how about FVF? Since it states the promotion will run from 20 Jan, If an item is sold before 20 Jan, will the FVF be $0 as well?

Hope someone who has sold an item before 20 Jan will let us know regarding the FVF.

Message 21 of 51
Latest reply

"Invitation only".

Message 22 of 51
Latest reply

Why not just wait the 5 days and play it safe? You can schedule them to start on the 20th.

For those who think it must be okay to list now because it's showing no listing fee, are you sure you haven't still got spare freebies and that it wouldn't have been free to list anyway?  It's the fvf's that count and you won't know about those until they sell, when it'll be too late if you listed them too early.

Message 23 of 51
Latest reply

Yes I've used my allocation of 40 free listings for this month. 🙂

Message 24 of 51
Latest reply

@sydney-diecast-kingdom wrote:

Agreed. It is a tad confusing.

Listings that automatically relist during the Promotion Period are not eligible for this promotion.

I thought that referred to current listings that happened to re-list during this period and not those 10 in the promotion. 

I wouldn't normally comment but I think I've figured out what it means.

If you have a listing that was listed prior to accepting the offer (or prior to the promotion period beginning) and it automatically re-lists during the promotion period, that listing is not counted as a new listing and therefore not eligible.

A new (or eligible) listing is only when a listing has gone through the listing form process during the promotion period, not one that was already created prior.

Makes sense to me... but wouldn't be surprised if it does not to anyone else. 🙂

Message 25 of 51
Latest reply

Okay boys and girls here's the good oil.

(Keepin in mind I've already used my 40 free listing for this month.)

The first of my 10 items just listed. 

It was FREE to list.

It now says I have used 1 and have 9 remaining so all good.

Message 26 of 51
Latest reply

I have not used all my 40 for the month still have 16 left. I have accepted the offer for the 10 and just listed 2 items and they have come off the new 10 so I now have 8 left so it looks like they get used first.

Message 27 of 51
Latest reply

Thanks heaps. Good luck with your sales.

Message 28 of 51
Latest reply

I have just got off the phone to ebay. They have told me the date in terms and conditions is wrong, and the promo started yesterday 15th Jan. If you have free auto list on your items, and I sometimes do and sometimes don't but have at the moment, I can still tick auto relist and the listing fee will be free if they do not sell, but I will not get the free selling fees when they relist. As long as you list and sell those 10 items before 19 Feb there will be no fees at all. Let us just hope they do sell! One way of reducing price of items for us as will not have to allow for the fees for 10 items. Hope this promo repeats another time too.

Message 29 of 51
Latest reply

I got caught with one of these promotions a while back. I think it was 3 fee free listings. I mostly run auctions and not thinking, left them as 7 day auctions. Of course once they relisted that was it. What I should have done was list them as buy it now. I have a few items here that normally sell on the first listing at auction, so shall put them up and see what happens. If they don't sell, they don't sell. I'm not that worried. One account last month my invoice was $0.00 and I've lost my powerseller status.

Message 30 of 51
Latest reply