Fake - Rainbow Rose seeds

Warning dont buy the Rainbow Rose Seeds that a few sellers have. The are fake, dont waste your money.

For one thing hybrid Roses will not come true from seed. Thats how we get new colours in Roses. If you grow any Roses from seeds (except species) you could have any colour and even poor quality plant and flower.

The Rainbow Rose, you will see the flower on the seller page, is multi-coloured. The reason its done by splitting the stem and placing in water with dye.

Search the interent and will see a number of articles about the Rainbow Rose. I wish E-bay would act and delete these listings. I have a sent number of warning to E-bay over a week ago but so far no action on their side.

Be warned buyers, there are fake item on E-bay.

Message 1 of 75
Latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Re: Fake - Rainbow Rose seeds

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Yes, but golliwogs offend the senses of the more vocal members of society....the squeaky wheel and all that!!

Rainbow Roses are just pretty and no-one believes there is anything wrong with them.  That is why ebay ignores the voices of reason from members who can see that others are getting ripped off.Smiley Frustrated

Now you also have:

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Rare-giant-banana-seeds/m-p/1841410#M62703

Message 51 of 75
Latest reply

I've notified a few Aussie sellers that they are listing fake items,(eg: the Rainbow,Black,Blue,etc Roses and the

Blue,Green,Yellow Strawberries,etc).

The last lot that I notified all had a "go" at me saying they weren't fake,blah,blah,blah,(they pulled all their fake

listings within a month),Zen.gif

Message 52 of 75
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@patioapple wrote:

has anyone thought about reporting this to the ACCC or even to australian Quarantine?

What is the ACCC going to do?   For the most part the sellers are in China so no Australian authorities can touch them.

It is not illegal to import all plant seeds...there are many that are completely legal.  I have no doubt that Quarantine is aware of the scam but they cannot do anything if the seeds are legal.

It'd only be legal if the seeds are properly labelled...which obviously isn't the case.  If the seeds are getting through customs it's an indication that they aren't doing their job.

Message 53 of 75
Latest reply

I can top that one with optic fibre plant seeds - see 
100Pcs EMERALDS FLOURESCENT FLOWER SEEDS Night Light Emitting Plants New

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/292049655500

Ebay appears to let these through, which is really hurting its reputation. They should block the sellers. 

Message 54 of 75
Latest reply

Congratulations. It is only 2 years since the last post on this thread, but you have managed to work out that eBay won't do anything about Chinese sellers, nor about listings that make them money.

Message 55 of 75
Latest reply

You have to admit though Dave, fibre optic plant seeds is pretty ingenious. Shows just how gullible people are. I can't believe anyone with half a brain would fall for that one! There's certainly a lot of gullible people that think because it's on the internet, it must be true.

Message 56 of 75
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

You have to admit though Dave, fibre optic plant seeds is pretty ingenious. Shows just how gullible people are. I can't believe anyone with half a brain would fall for that one! There's certainly a lot of gullible people that think because it's on the internet, it must be true.

That's a bit harsh, tippy.

I'm in Melbourne and I'm thinking of getting those rare giant banana seeds. A row of huge banana trees along the back fence, just visible through the mist and fog. Yep, I can see that.Smiley Wink

Message 57 of 75
Latest reply

Given enough time eBay & PayPal returns times will be long enough for you to open up a not as described dispute (with photos of your rose bush as evidence)!

Message 58 of 75
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I'm in Melbourne and I'm thinking of getting those rare giant banana seeds. A row of huge banana trees along the back fence, just visible through the mist and fog. Yep, I can see that.Smiley Wink

Are they Buddah shaped rare giant banana seeds? You really gotta get some of them. They are a lovely shade of sky blue.

Message 59 of 75
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@springyzone wrote:

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Are they Buddah shaped rare giant banana seeds? You really gotta get some of them. They are a lovely shade of sky blue.

They sound to die for, tippy.Smiley Happy

Giant blue bananas right through winter. You can get anything on ebay, well known fact.

Message 60 of 75
Latest reply