Fast becoming NOT worth The Effort

Just had last Months Fees In over 17% for selling and of course the POSTAGE Fee Ripoff.

SMALL Sellers are being Hammered by Ebay disgusting.

Fees as a percentage of your sales
This month's eBay sales and fees

Total monthly sales
AU $49.70

Total monthly fees
17.83%
Based on your monthly fees and credits totaling AU $8.86, your fees as percentage of your sales is 17.83%
Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Fast becoming NOT worth The Effort

I AGREE!!

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

where did you get this chart?  I know ive seen it somewhere, cant remember where it is...

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no comment    is this how to spell karma

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

Go to your current invoice and scroll down the page Smiley Happy

Hope it looks better than poor queenslanders !

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

Have to agree, mine wasn't quite that bad, but I fear with almost non-existent sales since my last invoice (15/3/15), my next one will probably look worse !!

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

That does seem a bit high.

Across our two basic stores our average fees as a percentage of total sales is running at 15.3% for the current tax year so far.

It was about that last tax year as well.

And that inludes PayPal fees as well.

Do you print postage labels inside ebay that might be included in that total? We do not use that service.

As a matter of interest our postage costs are running at 12.8% of total sales over the same period. We mostly use large letters.

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

When selling very cheap items in the $2-$5 price range you really need to rely on selling very VERY large numbers of them to make it worthwhile. To make $200 per day you may need to sell 100 items every day or 36,500 items per year to clear $200 per day profit. Thats 100 items to find from storage, pack and mail. Maybe 20 questions every day to answer etc. etc. Listing fees on cheap items also push the total % fees up as you have indicated, meaning ebay take a greater share of your sales figures.

Unless the items are of a generic nature where you just grab it from a large box, stuff it in a padded mailer and print the label, it is very hard to make cheap items pay on ebay. Is it worth looking at a different higher value product mix ???

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

interesting that my post about this a few hours ago was removed!  wonder why? 

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

um even if your fees were 10% is it woth the effort ,is it worth selling $2 items , tgen take out postage fees ,paypal fees ,costs of products and packaging products ,  but if you are happy making 78 cents a week ,who am I to say anything.

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply