Fastway couriers or Austpost?

j0wie
Community Member

Hi All,

I am open to all opinons. I am trying to do some research before becoming a seller. Do i have to use AustPost, or can I use Fastway couriers as soon as I start up - because i've read about having to meet min. weekly deliveries.

I've seen older post back in 2013-2014 in regards to fastway couriers services. Have they improved for people since?

Do they easily deliver on time for customers nationally?

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: Fastway couriers or Austpost?

Be careful with what you promise, remember - Act in haste - repent in leisure
Message 21 of 48
Latest reply

Message 22 of 48
Latest reply

Once is an accident; twice is, at best, careless.

Message 23 of 48
Latest reply

.................and four times would be..................???????

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 24 of 48
Latest reply

With Australia Post prices increasing above inflation all the time I did some research and found e Go couriers which are part of the Hunter Transport group.

You prepay money into their account and receive bonus creidt for larger deposits> Up to 10% for $1000 prepaid.

At this level you can send to most capital cities up to 10kgs cubed out to 15kgs for $9.77 Perth has recently had $2.20 added to this as they have a new delivery partner there offering a better service.

I message customers to advise we use a carrier and ask where the parcel can be left if no one is home. There is proof of delivery signed by the driver which would satisfy Paypal and eBay, but I have had no need to use that.

Have sent over 200 parcels this way over a three month period with no problems.

e Go pick up daily and generally are faster with deliveries than Australia Post.

Online tracking is also provided.

I have received a number of price adjustment invoices where the scanning machine shows the declared dimensions are underquoted. They were not underquoted and when I asked that the scan pictures be checked the extra charges were refunded as another parcel had interfered with the scan.

All contact is online to keep costs low.

From my end e Go has been a great find.

Message 25 of 48
Latest reply

Stay well away from Fastway.

They are the worst couriers in Australia. Tell sellers they deliver to an area and have no intention of delivering.

Suggest you Google Fastway Wollongong and take a look at the reviews.

It is not just me.

They are the shonkiest company around and are incrtedibly rude to customers.

Do yourself a favour use Australia Post at least your items might stand a chance of being delivered.

Message 26 of 48
Latest reply

We have used E-Go for the past 4 years or so, sending about 10 shipments per week.  Only ever had one problem whereby an item was deliveredto the wrong address, but we received a full refund from them.

Cannot speak highly enough of them

Message 27 of 48
Latest reply

Fastway in tasmania are a disgrace

By far the most incompetient freight company here and also down right rude.

Message 28 of 48
Latest reply

@elderbluedragon wrote:

Fastway in tasmania are a disgrace

By far the most incompetient freight company here and also down right rude.

It is not only in Tasmania....it applies Australia wide.
Message 29 of 48
Latest reply

Im on the pro side of Fastway instead of Sendle, If you go through there email service both are shocking, however if you deal direct with the drivers and the local depots, My Fastway and Sendle (Couriers Please) drivers were great, the most important thing about Sendle is parcel loss, Fastway your covered up to $500, Sendle however there is a $100 excess when you make a claim, Sendle do insure up to $2000 but the $100 excess payment is a killer. Ive only had maybe 3 or 4 parcel issues since using Fastway and now ive sent over 300 parcels with them, The problem with Sendle is the parcels are not picked up when they say, and sometimes it can take up to 2 business days to pick the item up, Fastway are a little slower than Sendle (if your items get picked up on time) but by only 1 business day mainly, and they pick up in the afternoon which is great for my melbourne buyers they get next day. And they are completely ebay compliant so no Paypal or Ebay issues. cheers
Message 30 of 48
Latest reply