Fastway couriers or Austpost?

j0wie
Community Member

Hi All,

I am open to all opinons. I am trying to do some research before becoming a seller. Do i have to use AustPost, or can I use Fastway couriers as soon as I start up - because i've read about having to meet min. weekly deliveries.

I've seen older post back in 2013-2014 in regards to fastway couriers services. Have they improved for people since?

Do they easily deliver on time for customers nationally?

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

My recent experience with Fastway was a purchase, which the seller sent via Fastway.  Their tracking did not respond & after a reasonable delivery time (1.5 weeks) I rang them & was told the item was sent back to the seller.....could not give a reason why.  After messaging the seller it arrived via Australia Post within a few days.  A possible reason is that I am on the far South Coast of NSW.  I have had very few problems over the years with Australia Post.

Message 11 of 48
Latest reply

Not sure how far down the South Coast you are, but I am as well, and we have a Fastway van always driving around town, but on the website, and when I rang the office, I’ve been told there is no Fastway franchise down here, Wollongong and Canberra is the closest apparently

Message 12 of 48
Latest reply

Maybe the owner of the Fastway van lives in your town but has a delivery franchise in another area.

There are 3 StarTrack drivers living within a 2 block radius of us but none of them delivers anywhere near here.

Message 13 of 48
Latest reply

As for couriers. we use Crack-a-Jack, Couriers please, TNT and of course Aust Post (Star Track).

All given good service.

image host
Message 14 of 48
Latest reply

"Not sure how far down the South Coast you are"

We are in Narooma pc 2546

Message 15 of 48
Latest reply

Use anyone but Fastway (that name is ironic)

Message 16 of 48
Latest reply

You’ve received some good advice from many ‘who know’ from personal experience. Kopes in just a few words is spot on - use Aust Post.

We’ve  been selling online, various platforms since 1997. I think we’ve tried most at one time or another, but not thes days. We’re pretty much locked in with AP. Why? Simply because they do offer the best coverage and despite some of the bad press their service is excellent if you care to look at the bigger picture. Sure,we’d all like cheaper prices, but the old adage comes into play here - you get what you pay for.

You’ve many bigger things to concentrate on for now. Sort the best options for you with AP and that will be something off your plate. Generally, it will look after itself if you set things up properly and 99.99% of the time you’ll have happy customers which is a very important consideration.

Good luck. I wish you well.

Melina.

Message 17 of 48
Latest reply

I'm sure the OP has probably sorted out how they will post already. After all, it has been 17 MONTHS since they asked for advice.

Message 18 of 48
Latest reply

OMG!! That’s it, I’m on the wagon for a week....hmmm! Well, a couple of hours perhaps .... lol

oh dear!

mel.

Message 19 of 48
Latest reply

Australia Post is much better since the guy they were paying a motzer to be CEO left.

maybe they are putting all that money they are saving into better service?

you really dont want some lousy courier company killing your business.

Message 20 of 48
Latest reply