Faulty ebay postage labels

When I print labels using ebay postage labels the bar code is often faint and also the squigly box above it. This makes it difficult for the PO to register it as posted. Often the label cannot be read. If I am posting a few parcels the PO will not enter the numbers manually, as they do not have time. Now that ebay is tracking postage I need to ensure all parcels are scanned at the PO.

When I print labels using 'Click & Send' they are fine and the PO has no trouble reading the label. So I do not think the problem is with my printer.

Can anyone explain to me why ebay labels are not printing clearly and how I can fix the problem?

thanks

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Faulty ebay postage labels

Get a new printer?

My eBay labels scan fine.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Do you have your printer set on draft or tone saver?

i always turn that setting off for printing labels so it reduces chance of it not scanning. if counter staff have difficulty when you are standing there, then it increases in transit when you are not there.

I also insert label with barcode to centre of satchel, not the edge as that also makes it easier to scan

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

They used to scan really easily until ebay changed the numbers which also changed the barcode., and now they take ages at the post office to scan them.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I'm having the same problem with the eBay labels, everything was fine till the numbers changed and now it's hit and miss on whether they scan straight away or not, if they don't scan I leave the parcels at the post office and pick up the reciept the next day as it's a small local post office and they end up doing them manually.

rose1916purple. if you have no luck with changed printer settings, try downloading the label and open the PDF in Acrobat reader or similar program.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

^^^^ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Also, sometimes even using a different browser can make a difference to the print quality
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I don't use them very often but could it be an issue with how each program is printing (or the printer drivers), usually I have adobe open up seperately and the print diaglog box opens. Settings always revert back to default for some reason but I never really had to change much.

When I have used them in the past I have found they scan really easy or not good at all, I always though it was an issue with the scanner at the PO. I think they should still type the number into the system if it can't be scanned (even if there was no barcode), it would take like 10s if that.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply