Feedback Overhaul

I believe the feedback system is outdated in needs a major overhaul. Unfair negative feedback is not good for the seller and definitely not good for eBay because it turns buyers away. In a time with so much online competition ebay does not want to lose business and needs to re-think its feedback policy.

Here's a few suggestions I have and your input would be appreciated.

1. Feedback should not be positive, neutral, negative. Scrap it. It should be just feedback comments. Buyers can still read through comments etc.

2. Sellers can leave comments for buyers (again not pos,neg etc.. just comments)

3. Feedback time limit should be 30 days. Why do buyers need 2 months to leave feedback?

4. Keep the DSR ratings. They are more rellevant and can be viewed with the comments.

CampingCentralAustralia

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Feedback Overhaul

Consistent with discussion board policy, wish I am sure you don't want to breach SN, posters can choose to post on any thread they like.

If it troubles you then I would suggest ignoring this thread, which is quite simple to do.

Message 11 of 35
Latest reply

just_kits
Community Member

If you are talking to me than I am sorry I didn't see that there was another post else where. thank you.

Message 12 of 35
Latest reply

just_kits
Community Member

You're right, I think I'll just ignore this part of eBAY from now on. I didn't think some people here could be this nasty.

Message 13 of 35
Latest reply

just kits my response is directed to to Supas (SN) post

Message 14 of 35
Latest reply

just_kits
Community Member

=( I know.. I noticed that after I wrote my reply.. ugh what a day hahahaha

Message 15 of 35
Latest reply

lol - know what you mean ;-).

Message 16 of 35
Latest reply

How can you say the current system is good, when it is clearly inequitable!

I agree that the general mechanics of teh system are good, but they can only be used by the buyer.  There are just as many dodgy buyers out there as there are sellers and sellers have no way to provide feedback or warnings to other sellers!

The only course of action for a seller is to block a bidder and to my mind this is a toothless tiger approach.

And there is no real protection system for the seller either.  When a seller makes a complaint to ebay or paypal about a seller, or you receive is some diatribe about not shipping items before thet are paid for, blah, blah, blah.

The seller needs some real protection and ability to provide feedback.  Sellers pay all teh fees and get nothing but a way to list items and even then some of the changes ebay has made recently really make selling hard!

Message 17 of 35
Latest reply

Here's a few suggestions I have and your input would be appreciated.

1. Feedback should not be positive, neutral, negative. Scrap it. It should be just feedback comments. Buyers can still read through comments etc.

As a buyer If I couldn't get a quick overall picture before even deciding to open a listed item ...I probably wouldn't bother even looking.

2. Sellers can leave comments for buyers (again not pos,neg etc.. just comments)

why ? are sellers going to have the time to go through a would pile of bidders comments and cancel their bids if desired ? 

Don't sellers already leave inappropriate fb saying things like buyer lied item was as described .It means nothing and only makes them look stupid and unprofessional.

3. Feedback time limit should be 30 days. Why do buyers need 2 months to leave feedback?

why ? some things take months to arrive (think O/S sales) .people go on holidays etc and /or may leave their feedback (which is voluntary) at a later date for any or no reason ...what does it matter ?of  what benefit would a  30 day limit be ?

4. Keep the DSR ratings. They are more rellevant and can be viewed with the comments.

I think they are equally  relevant as the other fb aspects.Perhaps poorly understood at times...but then the whole feedback process and purpose can be too.

Message 18 of 35
Latest reply

Hi to all,

These threads about f/back are and will be never ending... as long as there is a f/back

As a buyer If I couldn't get a quick overall picture before even deciding to open a listed item ...I probably wouldn't bother even looking.

The above can be said for many buyers on Ebay - but what do they do when they shop on other sites without any f/back at all?

Most of us (and everyone I know) shop on any other site but Ebay, and we all get on just fine, no agro, no being cheated, no worries and general paranoia about even the tiniest little detail.

And there are far too many people, even on the boards here, advising everyone and anyone to leve negs for virtually no good reason, and if buyers practice that and follow the advice it renders most f/backs unreliable anyway.

Since we don't know anything at all about the seller (s), trawling through their f/back and reading other peoples' opinions of them wouldn't prove anything - on the contrary, it mostly shows of the petty buyers!

Message 19 of 35
Latest reply

Since we don't know anything at all about the seller (s), trawling through their f/back and reading other peoples' opinions of them wouldn't prove anything - on the contrary, it mostly shows of the petty buyers!

True, but sellers' responses to feedback on the other hand, (neg and neutral) can be very telling indeed!

Message 20 of 35
Latest reply