Feedback?!?!

lolobgo
Community Member

*BIG SIGH*  

On my other account, I just had a buyer request for feedback..... 

i used to  leave feedback after i have posted the  item, but was tainted by a bad buyer.... 

now i wait till the buyer leaves fb, other wise i just don't. (cos lots of buyers don't even bother with it...)

problem is.... 

i had 5/5 stars on EVERYTHING, 

sold the item on the 7th of december (7:30pm) buyer paid, i posted it on the 8th (about 12) they recieved it on the 9th.... 

and i checked my ratings and now i have 4.9 on postage time.... so THEY marked me down.... 

now all i want to do is  give feedback of "POSTED,  RECIEVED THE NEXT AND YOU DON'T THINK THAT'S FAST ENOUGH?"

I'm freaking annoyed that buyers even request feedback, now that we can find out who defected us, but to "improve" we aren't even allowed to ask why? 

What do you guys and gals think? (apart from if i'm only selling 2 items a month why bother?) Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Feedback?!?!

BTW chooks if you weren't so busy looking at the DSRs you would have noticed that you can probably get that feedback comment removed for identifying personal details - request it is removed entirely and the 4s should disappear too.

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

Cats, I've only left 3 follow-ups since I started doing so, and each one of those buyers trashed my stars to the point of being given a defect. I wouldn't have bothered if they'd simply marked a couple of my DSRs at 4, but when it causes me a defect, all bets are off. I pride myself on good customer service yet I now have 3 defects through absolutely no fault of my own. Would you be happy about that? Somehow I think not.
Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

Cats, 

You do make some good points.... 

I do find it an insult that i didn't get 5 stars for postage.... maybe not a deep personal one though, but hells bells, they got it damn quick! So maybe slightly personal.... 

I've ran the report that sheep mentioned, and i found out that she marked me 4 stars across the board...  I don't understand why, but item description and communication are still at 5/5.... 

I'm pretty sure that most buyers, if they look at the star ratings would not think that 4.9/5 is bad, i also don't think that i would loose a buyer from that. maybe if it was sitting around 3 or something, then yes... but most buyers don't even read the descriptions so.... Smiley Wink

I was also thinking about those stupid messages that ebay keep sending us where they "protect our seller rating" where they say stuff like: 

Thanks for consistently delivering exceptional service to your buyers. We're here to provide you a marketplace where you can sell with confidence. That's why we've taken the following steps during the past month to protect your account:

• Upgraded 6 of your detailed seller rating(s) to five stars

(even though all of my seller ratings were at 5/5 already) 

So maybe, JUST MAYBE, they will upgrade the ratings she left me, then i would be back at 5/5??!?! 

if they did it's like a no harm, no foul? 

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

I think that keeping in mind that some buyers will only give 5 stars for what represents to them truly, amazing exceptional service helps to keep 4s in perspective.

In relation to post time, it may be that the buyer purchased two things from two different sellers from roughly the same location and the other sellers parcel or letter got to them quicker, that simple.

Or it could be another subjective impression or standard that they have.  Who knows ?

If you are not defected in a transaction seems like a good outcome to me.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

Sheep, 

I'm happy to tell you i have recieved the ammonite that you were not selling and in good time.

I'm happy with the item description as it is an ammonite....

but am only going to give you 2.5 stars as I only have half of it! Smiley TongueSmiley Very Happy

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

@lolobgo wrote:

Cats, 

You do make some good points.... 

I do find it an insult that i didn't get 5 stars for postage.... maybe not a deep personal one though, but hells bells, they got it damn quick! So maybe slightly personal.... 

I've ran the report that sheep mentioned, and i found out that she marked me 4 stars across the board...  I don't understand why, but item description and communication are still at 5/5.... 

I'm pretty sure that most buyers, if they look at the star ratings would not think that 4.9/5 is bad, i also don't think that i would loose a buyer from that. maybe if it was sitting around 3 or something, then yes... but most buyers don't even read the descriptions so.... Smiley Wink

I was also thinking about those stupid messages that ebay keep sending us where they "protect our seller rating" where they say stuff like: 

Thanks for consistently delivering exceptional service to your buyers. We're here to provide you a marketplace where you can sell with confidence. That's why we've taken the following steps during the past month to protect your account:

• Upgraded 6 of your detailed seller rating(s) to five stars

(even though all of my seller ratings were at 5/5 already) 

So maybe, JUST MAYBE, they will upgrade the ratings she left me, then i would be back at 5/5??!?! 

if they did it's like a no harm, no foul? 

I suspect those are 'free' post items, which get automatic 5s for postage cost anyway.

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

@lolobgo wrote:

Sheep, 

I'm happy to tell you i have recieved the ammonite that you were not selling and in good time.

I'm happy with the item description as it is an ammonite....

but am only going to give you 2.5 stars as I only have half of it! Smiley TongueSmiley Very Happy

Well, that is great news!! No probs about the 2.5 stars, I'll just leave you abusive feedback all in uppercase, so you know I'm serious 😛

Nice slice by the way! I don't have any cut ones, but have my eye on a few. I love how all the chambers work. Apparently these critters were nasty, vicious little suckers in their time.

I really shouldn't be eyeing off any more because I have HEAPS of them, which is why I'm selling some off. As I don't have any cut ones, that doesn't count 😉

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply