Feedback?!?!

lolobgo
Community Member

*BIG SIGH*  

On my other account, I just had a buyer request for feedback..... 

i used to  leave feedback after i have posted the  item, but was tainted by a bad buyer.... 

now i wait till the buyer leaves fb, other wise i just don't. (cos lots of buyers don't even bother with it...)

problem is.... 

i had 5/5 stars on EVERYTHING, 

sold the item on the 7th of december (7:30pm) buyer paid, i posted it on the 8th (about 12) they recieved it on the 9th.... 

and i checked my ratings and now i have 4.9 on postage time.... so THEY marked me down.... 

now all i want to do is  give feedback of "POSTED,  RECIEVED THE NEXT AND YOU DON'T THINK THAT'S FAST ENOUGH?"

I'm freaking annoyed that buyers even request feedback, now that we can find out who defected us, but to "improve" we aren't even allowed to ask why? 

What do you guys and gals think? (apart from if i'm only selling 2 items a month why bother?) Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Feedback?!?!

cq_tech
Community Member
Whenever anybody unfairly trashes my stars, I immediately add them to my BBL and block them, then I leave a follow-up to their feedback which essentially names and shames them.

Example: [UserID] scored low postage DSRs despite receiving item in only 2 days. Sellers beware.

You don't have to leave them feedback if you don't want to, but if you do, you can say something similar, but don't make it sound too much like a negative comment or eBay might remove it. Something like "Prompt payment but why did you unfairly trash my DSRs?" should be OK. Might make them think twice before doing it to somebody else.
Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

Feedback?!?!

Had one just the other day sent me a message and all they said was" FEEDBACK?"

Shouting and requesting feedback in such a rude manner plus marking me down on post time  ( they got the parcel within 4 days) AINT gonna get ya feedback from me buddy...BBL..

PS....those star ratings are so abused and such bs.

Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

Feedback?!?!

I'd like to see everybody add follow-ups to their feedback in such cases so we know in advance who to block (ID included).

I'd like to think that the 3 I've outed so far have been finding it more difficult than usual to buy stuff, although I somehow doubt it.
Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

Feedback?!?!

Sometimes i just don't understand what buyers want or how we are supposed to please them!!!!!

So true.

I can't understand lowering someone's stars when you post immediately and they get it the next day.

In addition, I had to request feedback from a buyer the other day as it is the only way I know they have received the item - unless they send me a message which they don't.
Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

Feedback?!?!

Sheep, 

Smiley Happy

I learn so much from you and the other posters on here!

I didn't even know that i could run a DSR report, but have done it now to make sure that it was this buyer... It's processing or something. Even though i know it was this buyer. But better to be safe than sorry. 

I haven't left fb yet, but i'm going to. And i will mention their ID! 

I was peeved over it last night, but i've calmed down. I think coz if it was on this account i wouldn't give a rats... but my other account is newer (set up this year) So i'm touchy over it! 

I think i'm mostly annoyed at the cheek of even ASKING for feedback when they know that they did not give me 5 stars.... 

Do you know if negative fb is removed if they only write "doesn't leave feedback?"

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

Feedback?!?!

I'm actually surprised that ebay has not banned mentioning user id's on feedback.... maybe they have not clued onto what is going on yet??? 

I'd like everyone to do it too! I live in hope that the ones you have outed are finding it harder to buy... 

I wish we could have a "goodbuyers/seller ebay" 

and a "gamble-if-you-dare ebay" for the gooses (geese?!?)

Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

Feedback?!?!

Sheep, i couldn't work out how to edit the post, but i wanted to tell you that i was checking your items out...

I LOVE YOUR AMMONITES!!!!

I'm going to have to trash your stars coz I looked at them about 20 minutes ago and they aren't here yet... even though i haven't bought them! ) hahahhaha

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

Feedback?!?!

know how you feel

I have had one not ask but demand I leave fb for her, after she did not pay, I wait 4 days  & file a UPI, wait another 4 days then she pays last minute. I send item, then proceeds to tell me they dont fit and she will have to send them back, to which I reply "I dont accept returns for sizing as all measurements are in the listing", to get a message back saying... "why?"......Because its in my terms of sale!!!. Then came a demand a week later for postive fb. sheeeeeeeeesh :smileyfrustrated:

-------------------------

You wouldn't think they would have the cheek. but your post at least gave me a laugh, some buyers are strange, that is for sure.

------------------------

I guess some buyers are just needy if they go begging for feedback. They must see it as their right.

I would never, ever ask a seller for feedback but I must admit, if I buy something I do like to see what I get as feedback along the track. You can usually pick if it is an auto feedback or personal.

I am inclined to think it has had its day though, the way it is done on ebay. I think both that and payment are areas that will get a big shake up eventually.

Did anyone here ever check out US ebay feedback about a decade or so ago? It was the funniest thing-obviously there was no 80 character limit and it developed into ding dong battles. All gone now. There will be other changes in the future, for sure.

But as to someone giving 4 stars. Buyers generally wouldn't have a clue that sellers are hanging out for 5 stars all the way and anything less is insulting. My bet is a lot of buyers think giving 4 is being flattering.

It reminds me of cruises where some of the workers told us that  rating their service as anything under outstanding on the survey could put their jobs in jeopardy.

Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

Feedback?!?!

@lolobgo wrote:

I'm actually surprised that ebay has not banned mentioning user id's on feedback.... maybe they have not clued onto what is going on yet??? 

I'd like everyone to do it too! I live in hope that the ones you have outed are finding it harder to buy... 

I wish we could have a "goodbuyers/seller ebay" 

and a "gamble-if-you-dare ebay" for the gooses (geese?!?)

I'm surprised that eBay allow it too, but there are enough sellers doing it these days that I'm sure that one or more buyers would have complained by now, yet it appears that to date, nothing has been done about it and the buyers' IDs still remain. It's not an opriginal idea, either. I started doing it a couple of months ago after a few sellers were discussing it on the boards, and it appears to have become relatively common now. By the same token, I've only ever been completely truthful and have never once abused a buyer or become aggressive in my follow-ups, but i feel that other unsuspecting sellers out there have a right to know if their buyer is prone to trashing DSRs for no valid reason. Ebay clearly don't care so somebody has to.

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

Feedback?!?!

@springyzone wrote:

But as to someone giving 4 stars. Buyers generally wouldn't have a clue that sellers are hanging out for 5 stars all the way and anything less is insulting. My bet is a lot of buyers think giving 4 is being flattering.

Yes I agree some buyers would not realise that if they leave anything less than 5 stars it will be received as a deep personal insult by some sellers.

IMO leaving 4 stars for everything is not "trashing" someones stars. 

IMO leaving follow up feedback claiming a buyer has trashed their stars and identifying their user ID in the feedback, when 4s were left, demonstrates a loss of perspective.

Also misleading as many sellers looking at that feedback may think the buyer left 1s 2s or 3s and wouldn't dream that the buyer left 4s. . 

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply