First time buyers :(

traclkes
Community Member

God I hate them  , 6 times now I have an experience where I have posted an Item and for some reson or other they have not paid or responded, . I really wish there was a way to block first time buyers or at least make it so that they have to bid with actual money or be referencedby someone who has sold or bought things reliably in the past, and if things go wrong then  the referee's reputaion will also be affected. The goleden rule on Ebay should quick pay quick post. for me at least as soon as i get money for an item I can send it  right away no hassle.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: First time buyers :(

It's been several years since my sister and I sold on ebay, but we never, ever, ever, ever, sent any item till it was paid for and the money was showing in our account.

That would be my advice to you. If there is no paypal payment or bank account payment showing, don't send the item. If they don't pay, you can open a dispute with them a few days down the track.

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

Yeah. Most of our non-payers are new/first time buyers. Strange when they BIN from our shop they still dont pay. And never any response either. A bit annoying.

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

Oh and BTW we NEVER send until we receive payment either. NEVER.
Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

Strong word "Hate" eh ? All members on eBay have to start some where as I did & perhaps even your self? Glad that a seller took a punt on my first purchase! I would imagine that anyone trading on line has to be prepared to take a risk & accept that there are always those who will take the knock & become a wild duck!
Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

When I read "posted "  I assumed you meant listed. I do not know what is going on at the moment......I think maybe mobile ap or full moon  ,but we have an unusual number of non payments.....

The thing I  have found is that if there is no communication  back...when I ask my usual  " i cannot locate your payment , could you advise if you have made a direct deposit also advise them   that we do not like to take non payers to dispute as that may effect their ability to buy from other sellers etc etc." No response allows me to take a firm line and if the 4 days have gone by .....off we go to non payment .Nice and easy and no nasty retaliation from buyers even if they don't pay at least we gave them a chance.

Everyone does have to start somewhere and most need to be guided through the process.

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

traclkes
Community Member
Okay meant to type listed not posted, anyone who does that should really think twice.
Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

Ok......what to do if you send a polite message after 4 days, asking if there is a problem with their payment and saying nicely, that you do not want to open a non payment case and could they contact you?, and you get back a rude and affronted reply telling you to go ahead and open  a case, they have 7 days to pay and excuses why they haven't paid..... and blah, blah, blah?

Can I cancel the sale? I can feel a bad, bad, feedback coming on.

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

Ajarnjenny, don't cancel the sale, open an unpaid item dispute a minimum 4 full days after the sale, then close it 4 full days later.

They will get an unpaid strike for their rudeness (if they don't pay) & U will get your final selling fee back.

If the dispute is closed with no payment, they should not be able to leave any feedback & if the do, ask eBay to remove it.

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

Yes.......I have done that before and because my items are low dollar value, they will pay the $5, just to be able to leave neg feedback with 1 stars!

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply