Free Auto Relists have stopped since Promotion

joz15au
Community Member

Has anyone else lost their free auto relists since the recent 150 free listings promotion?  I noticed when using my free listings on my other selling id that the 3 free auto relists box had disappeared.  Didn't worry as I thought it would come back once the promotion was over, but it hasn't.  Also items that I listed prior to the promotion and had ticked for relisting have not relisted.  I receive an email saying that my item will be automatically relisted but it doesn't,  just goes straight to Unsold.  I am not a business seller and my average sales between both my accounts are probably on par, or even slightly less than they were at this time last year.  Just wondered if anyone else was experiencing the same thing.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks brerrabbit, tried that several times on both accounts, nothing seems to work.  Will just have to wait and hope it comes back.  Thanks everyone for your input.

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Are you using Firefox as your browser? I noticed the other day that a few items I relisted didn't have the box. I also noticed that it wasn't showing as being a secured site. I tried to edit those newly relisted items on my phone as that almost always shows the box. It didn't. So, I logged in via Opera and the box appeared and I was even able to revise the other listings to tick the box. I don't know if it was an eBay or FF glitch but using the different browser helped me.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks Tippy, I use Chrome but will try something else and see if it makes any difference.  I initially thought it was because of the free listings promotion, even though I have still been able to select the free auto relists with previous promotions.  Someone mentioned not long back that they had lost the free auto relists because they were now deemed to be a business seller, but I haven't experienced any spikes in sales (sadly).

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Try clearing out your cache and cookies. I've found that worked in the past.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks Tippy, no joy there I'm afraid.  Maybe it will re-set when my next evaluation comes up later in the month.  Just a bit annoying as I seem to do best with auction listings on the second or third re-list so am going to use up my monthly freebies pretty quickly. Thanks for your input. 🙂

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Also of interest. You might want to check your emails if you've had anything relist in the last few day.

If you know that you DID have the auto-relist ticked but instead of getting the message saying..... has been automatically relisted.... you got, ........has been confirmed...... you might want to check, as I discovered that the tick in the auto re-list box has been removed during the re-list process. You'll need to go back, edit and re-tick it. However, be warned, sometimes you have to keep hitting the 'edit' icon as the re-list box doesn't usually come up first go.

Patience and perseverence. And a lot of time!

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

And it's still happening. Please check your messages- if it says 'has been confirmed' when it should say auto relisted, then the relist box has been ubticked. What next!

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks Meeka, but I'm not even getting the relist box to tick, the option has just disappeared.  For those items that I previously ticked to relist and are now due to relist, I am getting a message to say that my item will be automatically relisted, but it doesn't.  Will keep trying.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

@joz15au wrote:

Thanks Meeka, but I'm not even getting the relist box to tick, the option has just disappeared.  For those items that I previously ticked to relist and are now due to relist, I am getting a message to say that my item will be automatically relisted, but it doesn't.  Will keep trying.

There is a set sales limit that applies to non store accounts for eligibility to the three free relists. If you have more than 100 sales with a value of around $10,000- $12,000 ( I cant remember the exact figure ) in any rolling 12 month period, the free relist option will disappear. If you then fall below the limit at a later date, the relist option will re-appear.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

The same has happened to me. I think you list more so sell more then reach the quota from ebay and hence loose the free 3 relists. Stangely I get the message....'' Your item didn't sell, but it will be automatically relisted!
Your item will be auto-relisted. †
Items like yours sell best when listed as an auction. Consider changing your listing to the auction format.''.....

I presume tho that is just another minor ebay glitch 

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply