Free Basic Store or Feature store from 17.5.16 to 24.9.16

mitbri
Community Member

Has anyone been sent this promotion, for a free store from 4 mths from 17.5.16 to 24.9.16.

It's offer promo 3335 and have to accept the offer by 28.5.16.

At the bottom on the promo, in miscellaneous it says

This promotion is separate to your monthly entitlement to free listings.

I rang ebay and they said I can list auctions under the 200 free store listings, but that is not correct

as stores can only have BIN. So I don't think the chap on the phone knows what he is talking about.

If the promo. states it's separate to the monthly entitlement to free listings (where I use 40 frees for my auctions)

do you think I get the 40  free listings as usual on top of the 200 free store BIN?

Can someone help me?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Free Basic Store or Feature store from 17.5.16 to 24.9.16

The 40 freebies for non stores can be used for auctions. The 400 freebies for stores can only be used for BINS. If the OP is having success with auctions, they may want to continue with this format.

Auctions still work very well for rare, one off items, as buyers feel the preasure to place bids in the limited auction period, as the item may sell to some-one else or not be relisted if unsold.

As mentioned, I find auctions seem to recieve greater visibilty in best match searches and dont seem to suffer from the " secret seller limits" that many stores report

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

I don't subscribe to 'best match', nor do I do auctions. The things I have that are auctionable I'm quite happy to have sit for several years, at 5c per 4 months, until they sell for what they are worth.

Horses for courses.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

I received a similar offer about September last year when someone from Ebay call me and asked some questions which I answered and was given 6 months Free Feature Store which I had at the time I had no dramas with the promotion and at the end of the 6 months I just canceled the subcription. I saved $49.99 a month for 6 months.

Paddy

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply