Free Listings for Stores Too !!!!!!!!

Thank you so much to the poster that messaged me re this, I can see it is also posted on the powersellers board

150 FREE LISTINGS FOR AUCTIONS & BUY IT NOWS

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/1993

The terms and conditions have changed too !!!

shappy_runaround_100-100.gif

Spoiler
yaysmilesa-smiley.gif
Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Free Listings for Stores Too !!!!!!!!

It is so sad to see how nervous everyone is these days, quite frankly it is wrong that so many of us are feeling this way.

So for what it's worth lizzy & stawka & all other concerned Sellers.

Last month I think it was, there was a similar promo which was quite ambiguous and I accepted via a link & then got cold feet, so I rang CS and basically dobbed myself in.  The CS Expert assured me based on the fact they had been informed and as they had a record of the conversation, if I was charged and disputed the charges, I would be covered.  So, if you can use the Free listings and if it makes you feel more comfortable, ring CS and get a Reference Number for your converstaion.  They basically admitted to me it was their error and so they would honour it and said they would refer it to the Technical Team - seems maybe the team still can't get it right.  But the offer I saw in the last 24hours made no reference to Store or Non-Store that I could see.

Hope this helps ease the nerves

Message 11 of 42
Latest reply

For store sellers. I am a store seller and actually recieved an invite for this promo in my inbox, So while it does come up as being for non-store sellers I can imagaine I am perfectly legitimate in saying I recieved the email and clicked the link.

Since the invite was sent to storeholders as well as non storeholders, I feel it is safe enough to use it and assume they have used an old promo template

Message 12 of 42
Latest reply

Ok ..

I rang ebay customer support and they told me I should not have accepted the offer as I was not a non store holder, and was not eligible for the offer.

that's that!

Message 13 of 42
Latest reply

I have just rung CS also.

Got a very helpful CS rep who advised:

- CS are not sure what has happened with this promotion as they can see the terms & conditions have been amended - and they are now aware it is a glitch, but not sure quite what the issue is. 

- CS rep indicated that usually if you are not eligible you should not be able to accept the offer

- If the current promo lets you accept the offer and the promo tally appears on your myeBay page then eBay has given you access to those free listings

- CS rep assured me that if I incur any fees for auction and buy-it-now listings during this period my account would be credited and gave me a reference number in case I need to follow up

- I specifically requested their advice to post on the discussion boards and the CS rep advised that anyone seeking to use the free listings that is concerned about being charged for them should ring CS so they can review their account and note on their records that the promo tally has appeared on their myEbay page. 

So off to list and use up this bonus freebie on auctions, auctions, auctions happy2.gif

Message 14 of 42
Latest reply

My issue is that I didn't recieve the email invitation, I copied a link that was not for me personally, and as a result will not be complying with the terms and conditions of the offer. Anyway, I have been told different, and so I will need to go with that.

Message 15 of 42
Latest reply

lizzy, ring again until you get someone 'helpful' - you should achieve the same outcome as cats, then you will have nothing to be concerned about. As the rep said to me last time, it's their mistake - and if the promo appears in your Summary once you've accepted, they can't do anything about it ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 16 of 42
Latest reply

Lizzy, if you accepted the offer just point the rep to the promotion tally on your myeBay page.

And just a thought, but also happy for you to refer to my account thecatspjs that may have a useful file note on it left by the very helpful rep I dealt with  

Message 17 of 42
Latest reply

Ok, well I just relisted 5 items to see what would happen... came up as no cost, then I went to my summary page to see which promotion list had gone down by five, and lo and behold, I have no promotions info anymore. No 150 promo offer or my usual free listings...

Anyway, I suppose I am safe whatever I do now, because I have no idea what is going on! thanks for all your helps

Message 18 of 42
Latest reply

@lizzy6107 wrote:

Ok, well I just relisted 5 items to see what would happen... came up as no cost, then I went to my summary page to see which promotion list had gone down by five, and lo and behold, I have no promotions info anymore. No 150 promo offer or my usual free listings...

Anyway, I suppose I am safe whatever I do now, because I have no idea what is going on! thanks for all your helps

oh my goodness .... the freebie twilight zone ...

Cat Surprised

Message 19 of 42
Latest reply

I didn't even accept, purely because of this little T & C -

Persons who violate the terms of this promotion on eBay.com.au may not be eligible for future promotions/pricing trials on eBay.com.au.

With what's been happening to others with their selling accounts, it's scary

I'm staying out of sight,    ta very much

Message 20 of 42
Latest reply