Frist ever for not as described item

Long story short here.

With over 5000 sales I have NEVER had to deal with an item not as described dispute.

Buyer put in offer, offer accepted paid and posted.

Buy starts to ask questions after item is posted and realises she has purchased the wrong size item.

Description was 100% accurate re the item and size.

Buyer not in the know assumed she was getting bigger version.

Buyer then opens dispute for item not received less than 24 hrs after paying.

I call PP and tell them the item was paid for less than 24 hours ago.

PP say just wait and see what happens.

Next day buyer changes dispute to not as described.

Tracking shows the item is still in transit and not even delivered.

Call to PP again, they close the dispute and release money back to PP account.

2 days later buyer opens another not as described dispute saying item is not new as per description.

I supply all the proof possible to show it is exactly as described along with the history of the buyers disputes after a change of mind.

Paypal tell buyer to return to seller on the 27/9 for refund by the  by 8th Oct

Today the final day buyer enters tracking number for return of item.

So what happens if

a) the item is exactly as described and the buyer was using any excuse to get the refund (which is the case) as the item is as described.

or

b) they have damaged or used the item in the 10 days it was in their possession before returning it.

What proof would I need to send PP to win this dispute.

The buyer has sent abusive and profanity filed language via the ebay messages (which have been reported)

I can not understand how after opening 2 disputes BEFORE they even had the item that PP would even find in her favor when it was obviously a change of mind or buyers remorse.

Message 1 of 152
Latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

Re: Frist ever for not as described item

No I won't because I know my entitlements. You are simply making them up.

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Consumers/Buying_goods/Consumer_rights_myths_and_facts.html

You are not automatically entitled to a refund if you simply change your mind or you later discover that you picked the wrong colour or the item doesn't fit.

Message 101 of 152
Latest reply

Ah Kaz you beat me too it, in the ACCC's eyes it is classed as 'Goods not required' (as they do not fit)

Message 102 of 152
Latest reply

beat me *to it.... Need coffee....

Message 103 of 152
Latest reply

@british_bloke89   LOL ACCC LOL that bunch of toothless tigers arh hahahahah lol cracking up this beautiful.

They aint the courts and theres a thing clled a responsibilty to your clients. Not a big chain in the country would challenge this in a court.

OH my god im gonna blow a valve wif laughter this is great fun . fun fun fun lets do some more next please.

Message 104 of 152
Latest reply

You are correct that they are not the courts, they do not enforce the rules, however they do have a pretty big say in the formation and administration of said rules.

And as you said yourself you were a mechanic of a good many yearsโ€™ experience, and with all due respect the consumer regulations that apply to goods are a bit different and have a lot more stipulations than the ones that apply to services especially since the changes at the beginning of last year, they have made it very clear what the customer is and is not entitled to due to the boom in online trade.

Even down to making it as simple as this: http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1024824#acccWorkflowWizard1Path:1

Message 105 of 152
Latest reply

IF YOU ARE FEMALE PLEASE DONOT READ. THIS MAY BE OFFENCE IN YOUR EYES.

You don't offend me because of the language you use - it's imperfect, but then all of us are. You don't offend me because I'm female, and [newsflash] I appreciate someone who talks with / debates / informs etc just like they would anyone else because - as a woman - perhaps surprisingly, my sensibilities aren't so delicate that I will faint in shock if someone uses (or infers) a curse word stronger than "oh, gosh!" 

You offend me because you're either trolling, or - if you're sincere - because of your insistence that you're right about something without providing any evidence to support your claims (other than a sketchy anecdote about a mate), yet people have (over and over) provided the evidence to the contrary; but you're unwillingness to even look at the information provided and actually educate yourself so that you don't continue to bluster about incorrectly, all the while insulting people who have attempted to correct you, is the most offensive. If people actually sit down and take to time to show you where you have misunderstood something, ignoring and/or insulting them is the height of disrespect - quite contrary to your claim that you "respect all women", isn't it?

Personally, I like being told I'm wrong, so then I don't have to keep being wrong as that just makes me look like an idiot and I get no entertainment from looking like an idiot. 

Now, on the minute chance that you're sincere, I think I can point out where your confusion might lie.

Consumers have a right to refund if the goods are faulty, don't meet the description, or otherwise not fit for purpose.

Any chance you actually think the "not fit for purpose" bit actually means you have a right to take something back for a refund if you buy the wrong size? If you do, once again, you're wrong. If you buy a size 12 but actually need a size 14, sure you can't wear it, but it's still fit for its purpose (to be worn as a shirt) if it's not faulty or as described, so you don't have a right to return for a refund. 

Read the information, educate yourself.

Message 106 of 152
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member

Read the information, educate yourself.

A well-reasoned, accurate and succinct reply, DG.

What a crying shame it will be intentionally ignored. ๐Ÿ˜

Message 107 of 152
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I must admit I have learned a lot from this thread.

I just did not realise that there were so many alternative spellings for so many words in the English language.:O

Message 108 of 152
Latest reply

Sorry no comment, I told you I will not engage in offending females ,  No matter what. Its a matter of principal and respect.Sorry i was bought up that way. See you all in the next thread.

Message 109 of 152
Latest reply

Sorry no comment, I told you I will not engage in offending females ,  No matter what. Its a matter of principal and respect.Sorry i was bought up that way. See you all in the next thread.

A jade's trick - contemptable. X-(

I don't understand how you can not respond at all, I find that disrespectful and offensive after attempting yet again to engage you in a rational conversation - or are you implying that you can not respond to people without offending them? At least that quite clearly shows your intention for posting here; nonetheless, I'm not sorry I wasted my time with you, as at least others may benefited from the correct information provided by others in this thread. 

Message 110 of 152
Latest reply