From cancellation request to UID.

Buyer wanted to buy one cushion cover the other day. Due to tech error, she ended up with 2 separate purchases but only paid for one. She contacted me right away to explain the error. I messaged her to explain that I will send a cancellation and she needs to approve it so that she doesn't get an unpaid item case opened against her.

Anwyay, 3 days later she still has not approved the cancellation. 

After 4 days, will I be able to open an UID, even though I have a cancellation request in place?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I don't think you can. It used to be one or the other.
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Whats happens then after 10 days if she has not confirmed the cancellation?

Perhaps the cancellation request falls away and I can then open an UID?

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Unfortunately no you cannot change it now to a UID.

After 10-days if she still has not responded then it will automatically close and you will still get back your FVF.

We tend not to use the cancellation process now because of what has just happened to you.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks Clarry,

so if I understand correctly, I'll get my FVF back, but she won't get an unpaid item strike in this case.

So it's a "neutral" outcome.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

So it's a "neutral" outcome.

Correct and provided you selected buyer changed mind you shouldn't get a defect.

Once upon a time you could close it (if there was no response from the buyer and they hadn't paid) after 7 days.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html

image host
Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks Kopes,

I noticed this statement in the link you provided:

The cancellation must be complete for you to receive a final value fee credit. To receive a final value fee credit, the cancellation request is complete when:

- The buyer's PayPal account is refunded, if the buyer paid with PayPal.

- The buyer confirms they received their refund, if the buyer paid with a method other than PayPal.

In this case the buyer hasn't paid as it was purchased due to a technical error, so there is nothing to refund, are you sure I will get my FVF back?

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

yes you will. If the buyer stupidly answers they didn't get a refund then that will put a spanner in the works (you may need to ring ebay). If they answer they didn't pay or don't answer at all you will get your FVF refund after 10 days.

I don't cancel anymore it's too time consuming and risky.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

If you don't cancel, then what do you do?

Seems a bit unfair to the buyer to put in a UID if they request or want cancellation.....

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Why, they should be more careful about what they are purchasing.
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply